Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New York Giants/New England Patriots Super Bowl Thread

Who will win Super Bowl XLVI? 23 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will win Super Bowl XLVI?

    • New York Giants
      65%
    • New England Patriots
      34%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I'm gonna go with the Patriots for a few reasons:

 

1) Love they way they play offense

2) I don't like Eli Manning

3) Everyone I work with is a Colts fan and make sure to make negative comments about my signed Dion Branch football displayed in my office. :D

 

Look I get that people probably dislike the way Eli handled his draft. But the guy donates money to charities, stays out of trouble, plays TOUGH and never misses games, doesn't run his mouth...what's not to like? :lol:

Edited by halfback20

  • Replies 73
  • Views 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Rah-gers (discount double check)

2. Brady and his Uggs

3. Brees

4. Payton Big Head Manning IF he's healthy

5. Eli or him at 4th if Payton is done.

 

I don't know how someone can have Stafford or Newton with their 1 good year above Eli. Then Vick who's not a good QB and Romo the choke artist above Eli as well...

 

Maybe that's why Wildcat Dad is always playing for the Toilet Bowl and the laughing stock of the draft when he proclaims how AWESOME his team is after the draft :lol:

1. Rah-gers (discount double check)

2. Brady and his Uggs

3. Brees

4. Payton Big Head Manning IF he's healthy

5. Eli or him at 4th if Payton is done.

 

I don't know how someone can have Stafford or Newton with their 1 good year above Eli. Then Vick who's not a good QB and Romo the choke artist above Eli as well...

 

 

Maybe that's why Wildcat Dad is always playing for the Toilet Bowl and the laughing stock of the draft when he proclaims how AWESOME his team is after the draft :lol:

 

 

Jerry Jones was quoted today saying that the biggest difference between the New York Giants and the Dallas Cowboys is.? You guessed it. Eli Manning. Take that Tony Romo. :lol:

 

And I agree that any list with Stafford, Vick, Romo, Ryan, or Newton ahead of Eli is absolutely ridiculous.

 

 

BTW, I love this picture of Eli after he threw a deep ball to Ahmad Bradshaw late in the game. Right after he threw it 3 49ers clobbered him. He got up, called time out, and moved on. I thought it was awesome.

 

Eli-Timeout-Mess-e1327288093396.jpg

And once again simple numbers mean very little. Yeah they look nice, but if you judge a QB by his numbers you'd think Tony Romo is better than Eli Manning and that simply isn't the case.

 

A list including Peyton right now is a bad list IMO. He's out right now. Outside of Rodgers, Brady and Brees, there isn't a QB other than maybe Roethlisberger that is as good as Eli.

 

Eli is in a list with 4-5 others at the 5-8 range. I'm sorry but you can't use simple numbers??? If you can't do that you have to have a lot of success such as Roethlisberger. Eli isn't there so numbers is all you have.

 

I was wrong, this is the first year he's been in the top ten in QB rating. Most years he's right in the middle of the pack at around 16. Elite? Not in any way shape or form. He's an above average QB who has had a very good year. Nothing wrong with that.

Eli's stats along with his knack for winning playoff games and a Super Bowl is what puts him ahead of others. Winning the Super Bowl has to count for something. Especially in a twelve year old millineum which has seen Brady win 3, Big Ben has 2, and Peyton, Eli, Rodgers and Brees all have 1. For me, Eli is now ELIte. #winning

 

I guess I have a more discriminating definition of elite. One super bowl with average numbers doesn't do it. As I said, winning this year would be the start of the conversation. Winning a third would put him there despite average numbers, same as Big Ben.

For the record, I like Eli and hope and expect him to win the Super Bowl. However, since people are saying you can't go by one year, my QB's above Eli would be:

 

Rodgers

Brees

Brady

Peyton

Ben-his numbers are comparable to Eli's but his success in the super bowl has put him in.

 

For me the list drops like a rock after Brady or Peyton if he comes back healthy. Eli would be at the top of a close list which would include

 

Romo

Rivers

Vick

Ryan

Stafford will join it with another good year.

I guess I have a more discriminating definition of elite. One super bowl with average numbers doesn't do it. As I said, winning this year would be the start of the conversation. Winning a third would put him there despite average numbers, same as Big Ben.
To me Eli has always been a little unorthodox with his style of play and how he carries himself and people have the reaction that they do because of it. A couple plays a game you are wondering what the heck he is doing - he had a couple last Sunday - but sometimes it works (see Tyree catch). I do think he possesses an intangible leadership quality that cannot be dismissed. He is great under pressure and has the difficult task of always being compared to his older brother. I think he carries that chip on his shoulder beautifully and it shows on the field. I would want him on my team.

I don't know where I'd rank Eli at the moment, but I think he's a little like Tom Brady used to be. Not saying his numbers aren't/weren't good, but they aren't at the top of the heap. However, he finds ways to make plays and win games, and he seems to excel in the post-season. He deserves the praise. Just like Brady deserved it when he didn't put up insane numbers, but won all the time, especially in the playoffs.

 

I think the San Francisco game was a perfect example of numbers not telling the whole story.

 

32 of 58 isn't that great, but in watching the game I was really impressed with his ability to stay composed, to keep getting back up and making good decisions against a team that probably beat him up as bad as he's been all season, and a team that thrives on taking the ball away from its opponent. In 60+ drop backs and 58 passes, getting sacked 6 times and hit and knocked down even more, Eli didn't have a single fumble or interception. Granted, the 'Niners may have had two picks if not for players colliding, but that is the way it goes sometimes.

 

Maybe I'm crazy, but I thought that was one of Eli's most impressive games.

For the record, I like Eli and hope and expect him to win the Super Bowl. However, since people are saying you can't go by one year, my QB's above Eli would be:

 

Rodgers

Brees

Brady

Peyton

Ben-his numbers are comparable to Eli's but his success in the super bowl has put him in.

 

For me the list drops like a rock after Brady or Peyton if he comes back healthy. Eli would be at the top of a close list which would include

 

Romo

Rivers

Vick

Ryan

Stafford will join it with another good year.

 

The fact that you cant see that Eli has placed himself in another category above QB's like Vick, stafford, Ryan, Rivers, and Romo tells me all I need to know. The man has as many super bowl wins as Romo does playoff wins. :lol:

 

Like others have said, Eli has something different inside him that makes him better. Whether its taking a beating and still playing pretty good in the rain vs a great defense, or out playing Brett Favre in freezing cold Lambea field. Eli is CLUTCH. No other qb in the category you placed him is anywhere close to Eli when the game is on the line.

I don't know where I'd rank Eli at the moment, but I think he's a little like Tom Brady used to be. Not saying his numbers aren't/weren't good, but they aren't at the top of the heap. However, he finds ways to make plays and win games, and he seems to excel in the post-season. He deserves the praise. Just like Brady deserved it when he didn't put up insane numbers, but won all the time, especially in the playoffs.

 

I think the San Francisco game was a perfect example of numbers not telling the whole story.

 

32 of 58 isn't that great, but in watching the game I was really impressed with his ability to stay composed, to keep getting back up and making good decisions against a team that probably beat him up as bad as he's been all season, and a team that thrives on taking the ball away from its opponent. In 60+ drop backs and 58 passes, getting sacked 6 times and hit and knocked down even more, Eli didn't have a single fumble or interception. Granted, the 'Niners may have had two picks if not for players colliding, but that is the way it goes sometimes.

 

Maybe I'm crazy, but I thought that was one of Eli's most impressive games.

 

I'm amazed by Eli every time I watch him play. Yes, he makes a bone head play once in a while (many QB's do). But he has progressed into one of the best QB's in the league right now IMO.

Look I get that people probably dislike the way Eli handled his draft. But the guy donates money to charities, stays out of trouble, plays TOUGH and never misses games, doesn't run his mouth...what's not to like? :lol:

 

Yeah...I know it's petty. But as someone without a favorite team, I generally find random little, petty things to make it a bit easier to choose which team I even slightly want to see win in a game. :lol: I'm sure what you say is true, that he's a great guy. But, I guess I will say this: If it's ok to be a Tebow hater, even though he's a nice guy (or even because of it), then I get a pass to be an EManning hater. :D

I'm amazed by Eli every time I watch him play. Yes, he makes a bone head play once in a while (many QB's do). But he has progressed into one of the best QB's in the league right now IMO.

 

No argument from me. He's earned it. He has been up and down, inconsistent at times and that is what has kept him from being moved into the top tier, IMO. I think two things have pushed that aside in the present. One, his performance this season. And, two, his cumulative playoff performance, which he has bolstered this season.

 

If you are a fan of good football, and particularly QB's, it is impossible to not appreciate and respect Eli's game. Peyton is the polished, prototype. The guy you would build if you were constructing a QB. But, with a losing playoff record, it seems that he could be flustered and frustrated when the stakes were highest. Eli, on the other hand, is a grittier player, IMO, and one who seems to shine and elevate his game when the stakes are higher and the opponents are tougher. That is what everyone wants in their QB, so Eli deserves credit for being just that.

Yeah...I know it's petty. But as someone without a favorite team, I generally find random little, petty things to make it a bit easier to choose which team I even slightly want to see win in a game. :lol: I'm sure what you say is true, that he's a great guy. But, I guess I will say this: If it's ok to be a Tebow hater, even though he's a nice guy (or even because of it), then I get a pass to be an EManning hater. :D

 

I don't necessarily think it's okay to hate Tim Tebow because he's a nice guy. I think it is okay to hate the Tim Tebow media hype.

No argument from me. He's earned it. He has been up and down, inconsistent at times and that is what has kept him from being moved into the top tier, IMO. I think two things have pushed that aside in the present. One, his performance this season. And, two, his cumulative playoff performance, which he has bolstered this season.

 

If you are a fan of good football, and particularly QB's, it is impossible to not appreciate and respect Eli's game. Peyton is the polished, prototype. The guy you would build if you were constructing a QB. But, with a losing playoff record, it seems that he could be flustered and frustrated when the stakes were highest. Eli, on the other hand, is a grittier player, IMO, and one who seems to shine and elevate his game when the stakes are higher and the opponents are tougher. That is what everyone wants in their QB, so Eli deserves credit for being just that.

 

Couldn't agree more.

I don't necessarily think it's okay to hate Tim Tebow because he's a nice guy. I think it is okay to hate the Tim Tebow media hype.

 

OK...here's my last reason...I actually know one of the Patriots personally. So....I'll root for the Patriots. :D

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.