Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New York Giants/New England Patriots Super Bowl Thread

Who will win Super Bowl XLVI? 23 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will win Super Bowl XLVI?

    • New York Giants
      65%
    • New England Patriots
      34%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

The fact that you cant see that Eli has placed himself in another category above QB's like Vick, stafford, Ryan, Rivers, and Romo tells me all I need to know. The man has as many super bowl wins as Romo does playoff wins. :lol:

 

Like others have said, Eli has something different inside him that makes him better. Whether its taking a beating and still playing pretty good in the rain vs a great defense, or out playing Brett Favre in freezing cold Lambea field. Eli is CLUTCH. No other qb in the category you placed him is anywhere close to Eli when the game is on the line.

 

I'm a stat man. You continue to be an apologist for Eli's lack of top stats by talking that he's a winner. He is that. He's won the same number of superbowls as Trent Dilfer. :lol: I never said he's not a winner, just that he's not elite. This argument is the same one that's been had with Big Ben (who now is elite with 3 superbowl appearances, winning 2), Terry Bradshaw and even Tim Tebow this year. In the distant past it was Terry Bradshaw. The argument has always been did the team win because of them, inspite of them, or were they just a cog in a very good team. Without great stats I consider Eli the cog. He makes some very good plays but muffs others. For instance, he had a great game at SF but threw 2 non picks that were muffed.

 

As I said, he has every chance to join elite status, I just don't think he's there yet. I just can't get over his personal stats being inferior to Carson Palmers, even including Eli's best year and Carson's dog of a year.

 

A question, in one of your posts you said you have Eli over Big Ben. Why? Ben's stats are better and he's more of a proven winner.

Edited by 75center

  • Replies 73
  • Views 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm a stat man. You continue to be an apologist for Eli's lack of top stats by talking that he's a winner. He is that. He's won the same number of superbowls as Trent Dilfer. :lol: I never said he's not a winner, just that he's not elite. This argument is the same one that's been had with Big Ben (who now is elite with 3 superbowl appearances, winning 2), Terry Bradshaw and even Tim Tebow this year. In the distant past it was Terry Bradshaw. The argument has always been did the team win because of them, inspite of them, or were they just a cog in a very good team. Without great stats I consider Eli the cog. He makes some very good plays but muffs others. For instance, he had a great game at SF but threw 2 non picks that were muffed.

 

As I said, he has every chance to join elite status, I just don't think he's there yet. I just can't get over his personal stats being inferior to Carson Palmers, even including Eli's best year and Carson's dog of a year.

 

A question, in one of your posts you said you have Eli over Big Ben. Why? Ben's stats are better and he's more of a proven winner.

 

Trent Dilfer was a very average QB with one of the leagues best defensive teams by far. Eli has had good defenses but without him, the giants do not win the super bowl in 2007. And Eli now has 2 super bowl appearances. Did Dilfer get two? Eli also led his team to the super bowl this year with his worst offensive line he's had in a long time, little to no running game, and a defense that struggled most of the year. Ask anyone who has watched any giants football and they will tell you Eli manning has carried the team.

 

As for Tebow, I'm not even sure why you include him in this conversation. He's done next to nothing.

 

As for the San Fran game, I think it's impressive that he threw the ball almost 60 times against that defense and only two passes were ALMOST intercepted. How many qbs could drop back over 60 times against one of the leagues better defenses and not turn it over one time?

 

If you can't get over the stat comparison that's your issue. Most people know he's better than Carson Palmer regardless of stats. Stats don't even tell half the story IMO. Based on stats alone, Tony Romo is better than Eli Manning. Even Jerry Jones knows that isn't true. How many playoff games has Carson Palmer won? Eli is 7-3 with 2 NFC championships and a super bowl win. I think we have settled that.

 

I think at this point I'd rather have Eli over Big Ben. I think Big Ben is a great QB and one of the top 5-6 QB's in the league easy. I wouldnt have much of an argument for placing Eli ahead of him at this point. But personally I'd rather have Eli. He's as clutch or more clutch than any QB in the league.

Trent Dilfer was a very average QB with one of the leagues best defensive teams by far. Eli has had good defenses but without him, the giants do not win the super bowl in 2007. And Eli now has 2 super bowl appearances. Did Dilfer get two? Eli also led his team to the super bowl this year with his worst offensive line he's had in a long time, little to no running game, and a defense that struggled most of the year. Ask anyone who has watched any giants football and they will tell you Eli manning has carried the team.

 

As for Tebow, I'm not even sure why you include him in this conversation. He's done next to nothing.

 

As for the San Fran game, I think it's impressive that he threw the ball almost 60 times against that defense and only two passes were ALMOST intercepted. How many qbs could drop back over 60 times against one of the leagues better defenses and not turn it over one time?

 

If you can't get over the stat comparison that's your issue. Most people know he's better than Carson Palmer regardless of stats. Stats don't even tell half the story IMO. Based on stats alone, Tony Romo is better than Eli Manning. Even Jerry Jones knows that isn't true. How many playoff games has Carson Palmer won? Eli is 7-3 with 2 NFC championships and a super bowl win. I think we have settled that.

 

I think at this point I'd rather have Eli over Big Ben. I think Big Ben is a great QB and one of the top 5-6 QB's in the league easy. I wouldnt have much of an argument for placing Eli ahead of him at this point. But personally I'd rather have Eli. He's as clutch or more clutch than any QB in the league.

 

And...well...you're a Giants fan! Makes sense. I believe you were a Giants fan before Eli, if I remember correctly. Right?

Trent Dilfer was a very average QB with one of the leagues best defensive teams by far. Eli has had good defenses but without him, the giants do not win the super bowl in 2007. And Eli now has 2 super bowl appearances. Did Dilfer get two? Eli also led his team to the super bowl this year with his worst offensive line he's had in a long time, little to no running game, and a defense that struggled most of the year. Ask anyone who has watched any giants football and they will tell you Eli manning has carried the team.

 

As for Tebow, I'm not even sure why you include him in this conversation. He's done next to nothing.

 

As for the San Fran game, I think it's impressive that he threw the ball almost 60 times against that defense and only two passes were ALMOST intercepted. How many qbs could drop back over 60 times against one of the leagues better defenses and not turn it over one time?

 

If you can't get over the stat comparison that's your issue. Most people know he's better than Carson Palmer regardless of stats. Stats don't even tell half the story IMO. Based on stats alone, Tony Romo is better than Eli Manning. Even Jerry Jones knows that isn't true. How many playoff games has Carson Palmer won? Eli is 7-3 with 2 NFC championships and a super bowl win. I think we have settled that.

 

I think at this point I'd rather have Eli over Big Ben. I think Big Ben is a great QB and one of the top 5-6 QB's in the league easy. I wouldnt have much of an argument for placing Eli ahead of him at this point. But personally I'd rather have Eli. He's as clutch or more clutch than any QB in the league.

 

Please note, while that NYG defense struggled Eli led them to a 9-7 record. The argument you use against Dilfer makes my points, although obviously Eli is a much better QB. I included Tebow because the argument for/against him is exactly the same one, which I pointed out. Sorry you couldn't follow it. I have followed the Giants this year and Eli has carried the team at times, although those receivers and rb's (when healthy) did their part also.

 

Again you try to gloss over stats but that's what we go by until something else overwhelms us. Eli has one super bowl win with average to below average stats and a career win percentage of 54%. He's not elite. As to Palmer, I never said he's better, just pointed out where Eli's performance puts him. I just think you're jumping the gun on the "elite and awesome" ratings.

Please note, while that NYG defense struggled Eli led them to a 9-7 record. The argument you use against Dilfer makes my points, although obviously Eli is a much better QB. I included Tebow because the argument for/against him is exactly the same one, which I pointed out. Sorry you couldn't follow it. I have followed the Giants this year and Eli has carried the team at times, although those receivers and rb's (when healthy) did their part also.

 

Again you try to gloss over stats but that's what we go by until something else overwhelms us. Eli has one super bowl win with average to below average stats and a career win percentage of 54%. He's not elite. As to Palmer, I never said he's better, just pointed out where Eli's performance puts him. I just think you're jumping the gun on the "elite and awesome" ratings.

 

The Giants receivers were great. But the fact that the giants passing game actually improved after losing Steve Smith and Kevin Boss is impressive considering both were replaced with undrafted free agents. Think that's a little Eli?

 

I'm not the only one saying Eli is elite. A lot of people are on board. I don't care about his overall numbers considering that includes his horrible rookie year.

 

Take a look at the giants rushing stats and reevaluate your comment on whether or not they Have done their part. They have been very bad this year. Since you put so much emphasis on statistics I mean...

And...well...you're a Giants fan! Makes sense. I believe you were a Giants fan before Eli, if I remember correctly. Right?

 

I've been a Giants fan since Dave Brown was the QB.

The Giants receivers were great. But the fact that the giants passing game actually improved after losing Steve Smith and Kevin Boss is impressive considering both were replaced with undrafted free agents. Think that's a little Eli?

 

I'm not the only one saying Eli is elite. A lot of people are on board. I don't care about his overall numbers considering that includes his horrible rookie year.

 

Take a look at the giants rushing stats and reevaluate your comment on whether or not they Have done their part. They have been very bad this year. Since you put so much emphasis on statistics I mean...

 

I think it's ALOT Cruz.

 

A lot of people also think he's not elite so that argument doesn't really settle anything. Everything is opinion.

 

I said when healthy. Go check it out.

 

As I said, I think you're premature. I felt the same way about Big Ben but his second superbowl win put him up there with me and his third appearance sealed the deal. That and his 70% win percentage. I expect Eli to light up NE's defense next Sunday and when they win I will move him up closer in my mind.

 

To me there are still only 5 elite QB's in the NFL.

I think it's ALOT Cruz.

 

A lot of people also think he's not elite so that argument doesn't really settle anything. Everything is opinion.

 

I said when healthy. Go check it out.

 

As I said, I think you're premature. I felt the same way about Big Ben but his second superbowl win put him up there with me and his third appearance sealed the deal. That and his 70% win percentage. I expect Eli to light up NE's defense next Sunday and when they win I will move him up closer in my mind.

 

To me there are still only 5 elite QB's in the NFL.

Like I said you haven't watched very much giants football. Even when healthy the giants running game has struggled most of the year.

 

This is the first year in Eli's career that he's been forced to carry the team. Every other year he's had a decent or great running game. Not this year...and look at the difference in his stats.

Eli's stats are up this year but nothing outstanding. He's usually around 25 tds a year, this year was 29. Let's face it, at 9 and 7 there wasn't a lot of carrying until the last 2 regular season games and into the playoffs where they've come up huge.

Eli's stats are up this year but nothing outstanding. He's usually around 25 tds a year, this year was 29. Let's face it, at 9 and 7 there wasn't a lot of carrying until the last 2 regular season games and into the playoffs where they've come up huge.

 

Without Eli the giants might not have won 2 games this year.

Eli's stats are up this year but nothing outstanding. He's usually around 25 tds a year, this year was 29. Let's face it, at 9 and 7 there wasn't a lot of carrying until the last 2 regular season games and into the playoffs where they've come up huge.

 

Eli had a phenominal year. He tied the NFL record for 400 yard games. Increased his TD output, greatly decreased his turnovers, and did so in a year where the running game was non-existant so defenses were keying on the passing game. To say he didn't have an outstanding season is just flat out absurd.

 

And as a disclaimer (you can ask HB to verify it), I hate the Giants and Eli, so I have no reason to be biased.

New England 42 Giants 37

I'm not an Eli or Giants fan either, but I'm UKMF. I try to call it as I see it and Eli has convinced me.

Eli had a phenominal year. He tied the NFL record for 400 yard games. Increased his TD output, greatly decreased his turnovers, and did so in a year where the running game was non-existant so defenses were keying on the passing game. To say he didn't have an outstanding season is just flat out absurd.

 

And as a disclaimer (you can ask HB to verify it), I hate the Giants and Eli, so I have no reason to be biased.

 

Didn't Eli also break or come close to breaking record for most 4th quarter TD passes?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.