Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New York Giants/New England Patriots Super Bowl Thread

Who will win Super Bowl XLVI? 23 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will win Super Bowl XLVI?

    • New York Giants
      65%
    • New England Patriots
      34%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I never thought Eli would be the best Manning to ever play but that day is near. The irony of this game being in Indy.......it's not even a passing of the torch. Eli is coming to take the torch.

 

See above post.

  • Replies 73
  • Views 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not hardly. 82 lifetime QB rating. 185 td's 129 interceptions.

 

I stand by my statement. Right now Eli Manning is a top 5 QB.

 

The only qbs I see as better are Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady and Drew Brees. He had wins over 2 of those guys this season.

Not hardly. 82 lifetime QB rating. 185 td's 129 interceptions.

 

And statistics do not mean everything...

  • Author
See above post.

 

I'm talking about from his brother. If Eli wins the Super Bowl he becomes the best Manning.

And statistics do not mean everything...

 

Maybe not, but when you start talking elite or awesome, they should at least be better than a Carson Palmer's. His career stats are not. He also does not have a history of success to use as an argument. Should they win the Super Bowl that will be a start for an argument, similar to Big Ben's legacy.

I'm talking about from his brother. If Eli wins the Super Bowl he becomes the best Manning.

 

More successful, at least in SB wins, yes.

  • Author
More successful, at least in SB wins, yes.

 

And playoff win percentage also. Peyton has been a regular season warrior most of his career. 9-10 in the playoffs. Eli is now 7-3. If Eli wins the Super Bowl he becomes 2-0 in the Super Bowl to Peyton's 1-1. If Eli wins he'll get my vote and I like Peyton way way more than Eli.

I never thought Eli would be the best Manning to ever play but that day is near. The irony of this game being in Indy.......it's not even a passing of the torch. Eli is coming to take the torch.

 

I once predicted that Eli would win a Super Bowl before Peyton, well obviously I was wrong about that. I should have said Eli would win more Super Bowls than Peyton haha.

 

Giants 27

Patriots 24

And playoff win percentage also. Peyton has been a regular season warrior most of his career. 9-10 in the playoffs. Eli is now 7-3. If Eli wins the Super Bowl he becomes 2-0 in the Super Bowl to Peyton's 1-1. If Eli wins he'll get my vote and I like Peyton way way more than Eli.

 

I think one thing that helps Eli in the playoffs more than Peyton is the tough games in the regular season. Peyton and the Colts dominate so much in the regular season and always working with a lead, so when the playoffs come they don't know how to handle the tough close games as much. While Eli doesn't always make it look pretty, and has a lot of tough battles in the regular season. Which by the time they are in the playoffs they are use to those close hard fought wars.

Maybe not, but when you start talking elite or awesome, they should at least be better than a Carson Palmer's. His career stats are not. He also does not have a history of success to use as an argument. Should they win the Super Bowl that will be a start for an argument, similar to Big Ben's legacy.

 

He doesnt have a history of success? Several nfc east titles, several playoff appearances, several playoff wins, two NFC Championships and a super bowl isnt a history of success?

More successful, at least in SB wins, yes.
That is the ultimate goal in football isnt it?
He doesnt have a history of success? Several nfc east titles, several playoff appearances, several playoff wins, two NFC Championships and a super bowl isnt a history of success?

 

Success in the NFL is Super Bowl wins. With his lack of top production he would need multiple SB wins to be considered in the elite class. That's why I said if he wins this year, it's a start and also why I mentioned Big Ben. He doesn't have the stats but he has the multiple wins.

 

Sorry, but IMO he just isn't up there. He had a good year this year and has the hot team. I think they will win. I just can't get by career stats that are not even as good as Carson Palmer's who we all agree is an average QB at best.

Success in the NFL is Super Bowl wins. With his lack of top production he would need multiple SB wins to be considered in the elite class. That's why I said if he wins this year, it's a start and also why I mentioned Big Ben. He doesn't have the stats but he has the multiple wins.

 

Sorry, but IMO he just isn't up there. He had a good year this year and has the hot team. I think they will win. I just can't get by career stats that are not even as good as Carson Palmer's who we all agree is an average QB at best.

 

You judge Eli's status as elite right now based only on his career numbers? During the last 4 seasons his QB Rating that you factor so heavily into the success meter has been no lower than 85. It's also been above 92 two out of the last four seasons.

 

My question would be this. Who would you rate above him in the "elite" category? Brady/Rodgers/Brees/Roethlisberger? Are there only 4 elite QB's in your mind would top 5 be elite?

 

Then who?

 

Phillip Rivers?

Matt Ryan?

Joe Flacco?

Stafford?

Romo?

Vick?

Schaub?

 

I don't see how you could rate any of those guys ahead of Eli Manning at this point, considering he has 1 more super bowl than all of them, and 2 more super bowl appearances than all of them. And it's not like his numbers are just awful. You also have to remember he's played on a team that for many years since he's been there has focused a lot on running the ball consistently. They had Tiki Barber, Brandon Jacobs, Ahmad Bradshaw, Derrick Ward, etc. Eli wasn't asked to carry the load very often except maybe in crunch time. He was asked to carry the load this year, and he put up career best numbers.

^I think if everyone is healthy, I'd rank Eli #6, which is still elite IMO.

 

I'd rank them:

 

1) Brady

2) Brees

3) Rodgers

4) Manning, Peyton

5) Roethlisberger

6) Manning, Eli

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.