Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rick Reilly on Tebow

Featured Replies

Anyone who reads this and doesn't respect and have some sense of admiration for Tebow the person is heartless.

Agreed, you can question his NFL football ability, but I challenge anyone to say they think of others as much as Tebow shows he thinks of them. I read an article the other day where Urban Meyer admitted that once or twice a week Tebow would drag him against his will (not that he doesn't care about kids just he had other things like coaching Florida to do) to children's hospitals all over Florida.

"It was the best day of my life," she emailed. "It was a bright star among very gloomy and difficult days. Tim Tebow gave me the greatest gift I could ever imagine. He gave me the strength for the future. I know now that I can face any obstacle placed in front of me. Tim taught me to never give up because at the end of the day, today might seem bleak but it can't rain forever and tomorrow is a new day, with new promises."

 

That's good stuff.

This really stuck out to me:

 

"Where I'm from, people wonder how sincere and genuine he is. But I think he's the most genuine person I've ever met."

 

This, IMO, is very powerful:

 

"Just the opposite," Tebow says. "It's by far the best thing I do to get myself ready. Here you are, about to play a game that the world says is the most important thing in the world. Win and they praise you. Lose and they crush you. And here I have a chance to talk to the coolest, most courageous people. It puts it all into perspective. The game doesn't really matter. I mean, I'll give 100 percent of my heart to win it, but in the end, the thing I most want to do is not win championships or make a lot of money, it's to invest in people's lives, to make a difference."

 

Gave me cold chills. Rick Reilly is dead on.

Amen to all the above. Tebow will continue to improve as an NFL QB. This is only his second year and his stats as a second year QB are better than many past NFL QB's, including Elway's.

Amen to all the above. Tebow will continue to improve as an NFL QB. This is only his second year and his stats as a second year QB are better than many past NFL QB's, including Elway's.
Man, I have been saying this on here for several weeks, I usually ask folks to name Qbs who have been great in their first two years, Tom Brady, Big Ben, Dan Marino are three that comes to my mind. Give Tim about three more years after the light comes on, if his body isn't too banged up.

First:

 

Rick Reilly is the best editorial writer, than I have ever read.

 

Second:

 

Tebow is an amazing man

 

Third:

 

I hope he wins the whole dang thing (though I doubt they will)

First:

 

Rick Reilly is the best editorial writer, than I have ever read.

 

Second:

 

Tebow is an amazing man

 

Third:

 

I hope he wins the whole dang thing (though I doubt they will)

 

:clap: It will be difficult for Denver, I'm afraid they have too many key players out. They do not have the best receivers and then Decker went down last week. The D is missing some players, but we will see.

I could care less about his abilities on the field...the world needs more Tim Tebows. I do have an issue with "Tebowing", but this is neither the time, nor place for that. I know I wouldn't mind my sons growing up to be like Tebow, the man.

^ I'm quite sure you would be ok with them being playoff qb's as well right? lol

I could care less about his abilities on the field...the world needs more Tim Tebows. I do have an issue with "Tebowing", but this is neither the time, nor place for that. I know I wouldn't mind my sons growing up to be like Tebow, the man.

 

AMEN!!!

clap.gif It will be difficult for Denver, I'm afraid they have too many key players out. They do not have the best receivers and then Decker went down last week. The D is missing some players, but we will see.

 

I don't think Denvers receivers were as bad as people think. People just didn't know much about them. Thomas is a really good fast young WR, Royal is a quick little slot guy, and Decker was a solid #2 possession type receiver. Their TE is also pretty athletic and makes big catches. So I think people were wrong about Tebow not having people to throw too, the problem was just Tebow. However when he can throw accurately they make plays. Not having Decker this week definitely will hurt now though.

I don't think Denvers receivers were as bad as people think. People just didn't know much about them. Thomas is a really good fast young WR, Royal is a quick little slot guy, and Decker was a solid #2 possession type receiver. Their TE is also pretty athletic and makes big catches. So I think people were wrong about Tebow not having people to throw too, the problem was just Tebow. However when he can throw accurately they make plays. Not having Decker this week definitely will hurt now though.

I'm wondering if any of those WR's would start for New England or the Steelers? I'm thinking no.

There's nothing impressive at all about Brady's WR's after Welker.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.