Holy Cross 59 Newport Central Catholic 55

The Campbell kid was on the bench for a lot of the 2nd half..I couldn't figure it out.. I am pretty sure he only had 3 fouls when they sat him..Why did HC press the whole game when they were up 16 in the 2nd half?? I know that is their style but come on..The Campbell kid is a stud. I bet he has a 6'10-6'11 wing span..NewCath definately does not quit..McDonald played a nice game tonight. He is going to be a good one..
Are you saying they should have called off the press just because they were up 16?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As expected there was a reference from HC's student body to the football game. During a timeout 3 boys came out , one in a football helmet, and simulated the game-winning FG.

Later some kid came down and gave the NCC student body a football and Clay Eifert was not happy. Lip-reading I saw something like "I told you about this before the game. I told you...." Not happy but overall it was harmless.

As expected there was a reference from HC's student body to the football game. During a timeout 3 boys came out , one in a football helmet, and simulated the game-winning FG.Later some kid came down and gave the NCC student body a football and Clay Eifert was not happy. Lip-reading I saw something like "I told you about this before the game. I told you...." Not happy but overall it was harmless.

Out of the shower now. I have to admit the game-winning FG reference was pretty good, this coming from a NewCath alum. Yes, Clay was none to pleased with what they did. Agree it was harmless, both student sections overall behaved like "good catholic" ladies and gentlemen.

I saw the highest arcing successful 3-point shot I've ever seen when I saw Travis Thompson's 3 go in. Looked like it was in slow motion it was so high.

I agree 1000%. Any higher and it would have brought rain, and as hot as it was in that gym that would have been a good thing.

Will NCC go with 2 "bigs" in the lineup during the season or just one? They went with one tonight but I assume that was partly due to matchups.

If you are referring to McDonald and Schulte I would say Jake Schulte needs to get back to the way he played during the end of last year if he wants to be on the court more.

Neither team played well.

HC's poor decision-making when it comes to shot selection will cost them at some point. Just terrible especially in the 2nd quarter.

Like Raiderbird I couldn't figure out why HC's staff left 3 starters on the bench so long in the 3rd while NC was cutting into an 11 point lead. I'm pretty sure Campbell only had 3 fouls.

Campbell is a difference-maker on both ends. Needs more touches inside.

Hightchew hurt NC with inability or lack of desire to play under control.

I didn't realize McDonald had 17. Even if he hadn't scored that many I was going to say he played really well. He helped neutralize Campbell a bit. Kid is thick. Nice jump hook. Battles hard. When he learns how to lift weights and get some definition he's going to be a beast to deal with. Love his game.

It's December. My belief is Erik is figuring out what does and doesn't work in time for the All A. He's got guy that just started practicing.

HC's poor decision-making when it comes to shot selection will cost them at some point. Just terrible especially in the 2nd quarter.

Like Raiderbird I couldn't figure out why HC's staff left 3 starters on the bench so long in the 3rd while NC was cutting into an 11 point lead. I'm pretty sure Campbell only had 3 fouls.

I didn't realize McDonald had 17. Even if he hadn't scored that many I was going to say he played really well. He helped neutralize Campbell a bit. Kid is thick. Nice jump hook. Battles hard. When he learns how to lift weights and get some definition he's going to be a beast to deal with. Love his game.

Agree on all points. Also, HC needs to utilize one of their three 6'6" JV post players to defend the post when Campbell is in foul trouble. NCC made their run while Campbell was on the bench and HC had noone tall enough to defend McDonald.

Agree on all points. Also, HC needs to utilize one of their three 6'6" JV post players to defend the post when Campbell is in foul trouble. NCC made their run while Campbell was on the bench and HC had noone tall enough to defend McDonald.

It's December. My belief is Erik is figuring out what does and doesn't work in time for the All A. He's got guy that just started practicing.

I agree that could be the thinking. I even mentioned that to my buddy sitting next to me.