Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Owen County 45 Walton Verona 42

Featured Replies

Big win for the Lady Rebels tonight. They came in with a good game plan and executed it well. They knew what they had to do and they did it. They penetrated and attacked and made free throws. Not taking anything away from them but Walton didn't look like they came to play.

  • Replies 49
  • Views 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After opening with Boone on Friday, then traveling to South Oldham on Saturday afternoon, WV's tank may have been close to empty. Hard to get emotionally charged 3 times in 4 days. Still, a great win for OC.

I can't believe that WV wouldn't get pumped up to play Owen County. These teams have been huge rivals since the players were little girls.

If I were Coach Clink I think I'd institute a rule that no one is allowed to shoot the ball until Sandlin has touched it at least once. I thought that Sandlin came to play tonight and tried to lead the team to victory. I wonder what her season FG% is thus far.

I can't believe that WV wouldn't get pumped up to play Owen County. These teams have been huge rivals since the players were little girls.

 

Playing 3 high profile regular season games in 4 days would tough on college or NBA players. I don't care care what kind of rivalry it is, they had just played the state's #3 and #12 teams in a span of 20 hours , then had one day off.

  • Author

I hear what you are saying Mack but playing 3 games in 4 days is not uncommon. I think the Lady Cats were on an emotional high after beating South and they were not ready for Owen (emotionally and physically). It's not a bad lose because Owen is good and it's always tough to beat them at home. Walton will be fine and will benefit from playing a tough schedule. For a Class A school, their schedule is brutal. It's a long season and I think Walton will battle for the Regional crown. Good luck to both teams. I hope they both have a great year!

I can't believe that WV wouldn't get pumped up to play Owen County. These teams have been huge rivals since the players were little girls.

 

Since most of their kids are transfers maybe they don't understand the history of the rivalry

Since most of their kids are transfers maybe they don't understand the history of the rivalry

 

Makes sense. I hadn't considered that.

Walton girls had a huge first week. Dunbar, Boone and then South Oldham. I doubt any team in the state had a tougher first week. Dunbar game was 2 overtimes and then they played well against Boone (game time 7:30 Friday), then go the SO (game time 2:30 Saturday) and win on the road. Walton girls will be fine.

 

There is really no need for the transfer remark. Sorry that people want their children to go to Walton!

Who are transfers to Walton? Perry Central gets a hard time for their escapades, let hear about Walton Verona.

Give some credit to Owen Co. Two days ago WV was on a mission and the team to beat in the 8th. Now they're just physically and emotionally drained from their

brutal schedule? The better team won IMO.

The transfers are pretty much thier starting 5. There is taulbee, slavey, and sandlin

  • Author
The transfers are pretty much thier starting 5. There is taulbee, slavey, and sandlin

 

Slavey does not start. They don't have any new "transfer" faces on their team this year. I believe that Taulbee, Slavey and Sandlin are the only transfers. The rest are homegrown unless I'm missing someone. So I don't believe that makes most of their players transfers as stated in Post #7.

Good win for Owen. I think the situation in the 8th will be the same as last year. Few points will determine the wins between the top teams, Walton, Anderson, South and Owen.

Slavey does not start. They don't have any new "transfer" faces on their team this year. I believe that Taulbee, Slavey and Sandlin are the only transfers. The rest are homegrown unless I'm missing someone. So I don't believe that makes most of their players transfers as stated in Post #7.

 

I have no dog in this fight but I don't understand the transfer comment. Taulbee is one of five seniors and she transferred in last year from, I think, Conner. Of the other four seniors three have been in the W-V program for at least four years (can't get records any further back than that) and the other is a player who didn't play last year (injury maybe?) but was on the roster two years ago. There are seven juniors on the roster. Three are in their 4th year in the program, one is in her 3rd year, and the other three in their 2nd year. One sophomore is in her 4th year. The remaining players are newcomers, mostly 8th graders and freshmen.

 

Of the nine players that have played enough to have scored in W-V's first several games, seven of those are in their 4th year in the program, one is in her 3rd, and one (Taulbee) is in her 2nd. If players come into a program from somewhere else early enough to rack up 4-5 years I wouldn't really consider them transfers in the sense being inferred. Looks to me like Taulbee is the only "transfer" I see and kids are allowed to make decisions to move under KHSAA rules (don't know anything about Taulbee and her move).

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.