Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

"Is UK locked into too many non-conference rivalries?"

Featured Replies

  • Author
Doesn't look like Ricky P's buying into the old Denny Crum philosophy?? This year looks more like the Huggins/Cronin UC pre-conference schedules (ie: Let's make sure we get a quick 10 wins which hopefully insures 20 on the season)?

 

Ummm, OK? I don't like Pitino and hate how he schedules soft.

  • Replies 76
  • Views 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

Guess we know which series they'll be ending ...

Guess we know which series they'll be ending ...

Doubt it. crean and Cal are good friends. I'd bet it's UNC.

Guess we know which series they'll be ending ...

 

 

Based on 1 loss? Come on Jim. I'm going to start believing the things other UK fans say about you if you keep making post like this.

Based on 1 loss? Come on Jim. I'm going to start believing the things other UK fans say about you if you keep making post like this.

 

He's trying to regroup after the "Cal won't say more than 10 years" thread was a bust.

  • Author
He's trying to regroup after the "Cal won't say more than 10 years" thread was a bust.

 

:lol: If you say so.

  • Author
Based on 1 loss? Come on Jim. I'm going to start believing the things other UK fans say about you if you keep making post like this.

 

The 18-percenters are going to say what they're going to say. Those folks would argue the sky was brown if I said it was blue. Bottom line is this game is exactly what Calipari is referring to when he says softening the non-con schedule is "what's best for the players." In other words, he doesn't want to expose them to hostile environments where they might not live up to their billing the way they do beating up on softies in the friendly confines of Rupp.

Okay I will answer the Question that the thread ask.

 

No. If you are as great as you claim be it (DUKE, UK, UL, N.Carolina) then you play the best every chance you get.

 

I really enjoy Women's College basketball. They play the best every year. I think all men's team play to many DUCKS!

My biggest pet peeve is word misuse and grammatical incoherence in publications. It happens most often in forum/facebook/twitter sightings. Anyway, "alluding" is also a verb, if you were implying it's not. All must be held accountable! :lol:

 

Touche! :D

My struggle has always been with effect and affect. I'm somewhat of a stickler with grammar and spelling & I hate it when I make mistakes.

 

Biggest pet peeve is when people will say, "I should of known better." Or, "I could of gone to the game but had other obligations." Drives me crazy.

 

I'm with you on effect and affect. I also hate seeing rediculous.

Another fave of mine: "imput."

 

Amen! :lol:

The 18-percenters are going to say what they're going to say. Those folks would argue the sky was brown if I said it was blue. Bottom line is this game is exactly what Calipari is referring to when he says softening the non-con schedule is "what's best for the players." In other words, he doesn't want to expose them to hostile environments where they might not live up to their billing the way they do beating up on softies in the friendly confines of Rupp.

 

No doubt Cal wants to soften the non conference schedule. Do I like that idea? Not at all. To say Cal is going to make his choice based on this one loss (in how many years) to Indiana is ridiculous.

  • Author
No doubt Cal wants to soften the non conference schedule. Do I like that idea? Not at all. To say Cal is going to make his choice based on this one loss (in how many years) to Indiana is ridiculous.

 

May be out of his hands -- kind of like when UK dropped WKU after the Toppers dared beat them.

I'm with you on effect and affect. I also hate seeing rediculous.

 

Misuse of there, their, and they're, is also common.

Okay I will answer the Question that the thread ask.

 

No. If you are as great as you claim be it (DUKE, UK, UL, N.Carolina) then you play the best every chance you get.

 

I really enjoy Women's College basketball. They play the best every year. I think all men's team play to many DUCKS!

 

 

$$$ is the big difference between the scheduling in the women't game and the men's game. The big time programs in men's basketball can bring in 20,000+ to watch their team blast someone like Rider or Longwood. They don't want to give up those extra home games each season. The women's teams aren't going to bring in anywhere near those numbers unless they are playing another marquee team. They are better off playing home and home and getting a big payday every other season instead of playing 3 cupcakes and drawing 5000 fans.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.