Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Was Eddie Sutton set up?

Featured Replies

An article came out that Eddie Sutton is now saying he was set up to be fired as UK coach. I don't have a link, but I think it came from Kentucky.com.

I didn't believe it then that a package just happened to come open,and I still don't think it did. Now I'm not saying he wasn't cheating but those things just don't happen.

I didn't believe it then that a package just happened to come open,and I still don't think it did. Now I'm not saying he wasn't cheating but those things just don't happen.

 

Sure they do. They just don't happen often.

 

Think about it. 5 second rate burglars led by a blow-hard like G. Gordon Liddy just happen to be caught in the Democratic headquarters. That one little moment when a security guard saw something unusual brought down an entire presidency and changed the attitude towards government forever.

Kentucky basketball had a culture of cheating in place for years. Sutton just happened to be there when the music stopped.

Kentucky basketball had a culture of cheating in place for years. Sutton just happened to be there when the music stopped.

 

Pretty much nailed it right there. But I think it made UK one of the more compliant programs in the country because of it.

I don't know if he was setup but I do think Casey was falsely accused. Emory settled a multi million dollar lawsuit with Casey later. Plus, according to some accounts Casey wasn't in Lexington when the package was mailed.

 

The thing that never added up to me was the dollar amount. Wasn't mills worth more tan a grand.

Kentucky basketball had a culture of cheating in place for years. Sutton just happened to be there when the music stopped.

 

And who didn't?

I don't know if he was setup but I do think Casey was falsely accused. Emory settled a multi million dollar lawsuit with Casey later. Plus, according to some accounts Casey wasn't in Lexington when the package was mailed.

 

The thing that never added up to me was the dollar amount. Wasn't mills worth more tan a grand.

 

The dollar amount was always the strangest part in my mind.

I never understood why the company didn't re-tape the package and send it back to the sender, which I'm still not totally convinced was UK. Instead of asking was Sutton set up it might be that UK was set up.

 

And why did they make it such a national media event? Seems like privacy laws were violated imo. But once the toothpaste is out of the tube, it's hard to get it back in. Once it went national it was all over but the crying.

 

I agree with Hatz, this incident has made UK extremely compliant, with Sandy Bell running a strict office.

Pretty much nailed it right there. But I think it made UK one of the more compliant programs in the country because of it.

 

I agree with Hatz, this incident has made UK extremely compliant, with Sandy Bell running a strict office.

 

 

Then what would you say went wrong in the Hal Mumme era? Also, was Sandy Bell there during that time?

Then what would you say went wrong in the Hal Mumme era? Also, was Sandy Bell there during that time?

 

I believe Barnhart brought Sandy in. Barnhart started after the Mumme problems.

Sandy Bell was named director of compliance in 1993

I don't think any Director of Compliance can prevent a coach and/or friend of the program from handing out money to athletes. There's only so much they can do, right?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.