Ron Paul - Thoughts?

^ He'd never get it, but it would be fascinating to see two candidates really push each other during a general election in the way that candidates get pushed during a primary. Ron Paul would definitely be a candidate capable of doing just that in a general election.

I would enjoy this. Our system is in need of a shakeup any way we can get it.

I like Ron Paul. I share a lot of his beliefs except him being an isolationist. He is one smart man.

http://slander.revolutioni.st/isolationist.html

Most people see him as an isolationist. There is a difference between being an isolationist and a non-interventionist. This link does a pretty good job of explaining the difference. Ron Paul is a non-interventionist IMO.

The video doesn't work. There is a difference but they both intertwine. Maybe giving him the title of isolationist isn't the best thing to do however he does hold similar beliefs to many of them. I don't like what his foreign policy on Iran would be. I don't like that he would avoid alliances with other nations that are in our best interest. Its a different world than 200 years ago. We are a global economy and having those alliances helps us out in our everyday lives and protects us. We don't give other countries aid just to be nice.

I feel like Ron Paul tells it how it is, and is not afraid of what anyone else thinks because he knows that he is right in his convictions, all in spite of the contrary sentiments held by the public and mass media outlets. There is a reason he doesn't get his due in regards to news coverage. And there are many people who share his beliefs, but probably not enough to get him elected in the primaries unless he finds some momentum somewhere in the public's consciousness. I hope that he chooses to run Independent should he lose the GOP vote.

But like Emma Goldman put it: "If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal."

Good to see that everyone has nice things to say about him. It makes me wonder why not much has been said about him on here prior to this thread though. Looking through the GOP thread, I didn't see much on Ron Paul. I guess most are just counting him out. On other sites, I have actually seen many who believe he is the best candidate, but because they don't think he has a chance of winning they are throwing their votes to other candidates.

I'd really like to see some of the people who aren't planning on voting for Ron Paul come on here and give their reasons. I know there's plenty out there. :lol:

The main reason I'm coming to the BGP board with this is because of all the boards I read online, this is clearly the most intelligent, fair-minded group of people I've seen.

I'm registered Independent, and because of the current set up, it's just not practical for me to make a call until the final candidates are determined. I pay attention, ableit with less attention to detail, throughout the course of time. But I really get into deciding my candidate after the primaries and I know who my options will be.

Ron Paul is my favorite candidate. He will speak what he believes even if it costs him votes, he is genuine and completely abides by the constitution. One of the very few consistent politicians still around today. I love the fact that people oppose his foreign policies and intervening countries with our military yet he has the highest campaign donations from the military in our country's history. I honestly believe he is electable and will hopefully finish his campaign strongly in the debates.