Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

KENTUCKY VS. KANSAS UPDATES

Featured Replies

I can tell you that the baseline call is not as easy as it looks like. The player driving the baseline is getting ready to make contact with the defender. The official is watching that to see if there is a foul and can't see the feet.

 

The guy was 2 feet out of bounds. I could buy that if it was close, but in this case it wasn't.

  • Replies 123
  • Views 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This looks like two teams in November who have a lot of new pieces.

 

Exactly what I was thinking.

The guy was 2 feet out of bounds. I could buy that if it was close, but in this case it wasn't.

 

Until you've worked the baseline it's hard to understand.

The defense looks great. Tremendous length and they are all over the boards.

 

The offense is stinking it up. Teague is trying to force the action. Everyone is actually trying too hard on offense. Against a good defensive team like Kansas, you have to slow down and run offense deep into your possession to get that good shot. That will come as the season goes forward. This offense will start to click when Jones plays power basketball in the paint. Gotta love the talent though.

I can tell you that the baseline call is not as easy as it looks like. The player driving the baseline is getting ready to make contact with the defender. The official is watching that to see if there is a foul and can't see the feet.

 

I get that, but that was the most obvious out of bounds I've ever seen. It wasn't a toe barely touching the line.

I can tell you that the baseline call is not as easy as it looks like. The player driving the baseline is getting ready to make contact with the defender. The official is watching that to see if there is a foul and can't see the feet.

 

I hear you, but refs at this level do not miss calls like that - neither one of those calls. They were both easy calls for refs at this level.

I get that, but that was the most obvious out of bounds I've ever seen. It wasn't a toe barely touching the line.

 

If you're looking at the chests of the two players you're not seeing the feet. It's still a missed call but I get it.

I can tell you that the baseline call is not as easy as it looks like. The player driving the baseline is getting ready to make contact with the defender. The official is watching that to see if there is a foul and can't see the feet.

 

You can't be serious. He was 10 inches over the line with his entire foot. How about Robinson having his right hand out of bounds when he had the ball, or Robinson clearly walking on his post up basket, or the ball hitting off of the Kansas player right before half. Where those also tough calls?

 

Anyway, UK played a terrible half and is tied.

I hear you, but refs at this level do not miss calls like that - neither one of those calls. They were both easy calls for refs at this level.

 

So refs in college have eyes that can look in two directions at the same time?

Until you've worked the baseline it's hard to understand.

 

The call was missed in an earlier game as well. I'm not sure if it was Duke/Michigan St or OSU/UF. I was switching back and forth. I can't remember seeing it missed two times all last season, in the games I watched. Twice in a day is ridiculous, especially considering how much these refs are getting paid.

Lets not forget that Cal had to throw a tantrum to get them to look at the monitor on the shot clock issue earlier. That was also a pretty obvious blown call.

 

The refs looked almost as bad as the Cats.

I hear you, but refs at this level do not miss calls like that - neither one of those calls. They were both easy calls for refs at this level.

 

Plus there are 3 refs all of them are not watching the players upper bodies. If they are then they are stupid.

You can't be serious. He was 10 inches over the line with his entire foot. How about Robinson having his right hand out of bounds when he had the ball, or Robinson clearly walking on his post up basket, or the ball hitting off of the Kansas player right before half. Where those also tough calls?

 

Anyway, UK played a terrible half and is tied.

 

That one was bad too.

Teague sucks..

 

A little early for that declaration...:popcorn:

You can't be serious. He was 10 inches over the line with his entire foot. How about Robinson having his right hand out of bounds when he had the ball, or Robinson clearly walking on his post up basket, or the ball hitting off of the Kansas player right before half. Where those also tough calls?

 

Anyway, UK played a terrible half and is tied.

 

The hand on the line but not called is EASILY a bigger miss IMO than the foot OOB.

 

I wasn't watching the play you reference on the post-up but I will say that's not the call for the baseline official. He's watching the bodies and looking for fouls. The outside official has to get that . However, remember that sometimes officials get blocked out so they miss it.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.