Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Time for the Joker to go!

Featured Replies

Great in theory. Problem is no big name coach is going to come to UK. That puts a damper on things...

 

Mike Leach would come to Kentucky.

  • Replies 69
  • Views 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
If a "great" coach is truly available he's going to go to a school that can match what UK is offering financially AND offer a better football situation.

 

It's not just a money thing.

 

Not just a money thing BUT a BIG thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cal Saban up offer time 2 million a year raise...................He'd have to start thinking about it..........

  • Author
Mike Leach would come to Kentucky.

 

That would be an improvement!

Not just a money thing BUT a BIG thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cal Saban up offer time 2 million a year raise...................He'd have to start thinking about it..........

 

You do realize he's currently under contract, right?

  • Author

My point is this............... Get the wallet out pay for a "Saban type" in 4 yeaars UK is a power FB team.......................... Agree? So why doesn't it happen?

  • Author
You do realize he's currently under contract, right?

 

 

I use his name because I think he is the best...................................... I'd love to see him at UK but a big name would work............

My point is this............... Get the wallet out pay for a "Saban type" in 4 yeaars UK is a power FB team.......................... Agree? So why doesn't it happen?

 

Your premise is wrong.

 

You think that UK can outspend other schools for an elite coach. As I've already said in one post in this thread to answer your "why" , even if UK matched any offer made by any school they will lose because an elite coach will want to coach at an elite school.

 

Comprende?

  • Author
Your premise is wrong.

 

You think that UK can outspend other schools for an elite coach. As I've already said in one post in this thread to answer your "why" , even if UK matched any offer made by any school they will lose because an elite coach will want to coach at an elite school.

 

Comprende?

 

No comprende senior.......................lol

No comprende senior.......................lol

 

I am older but I am not a senior.

  • Author

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I understand what you're saying. I guess the fact UK doesn't even try for a great coach in FB bothers me. It's like ok in BB we'll do anything but FB let's take what we can get............

No good football coach in their right mind would take the Ky job. There is not enough elite talent in the state. Being the northern most state in the SEC doesn't help the situation much either..

No comprende senior.......................lol
It's señor not senior.

 

Es obvio que no hablan español. :banana:

  • Author

Sorry my spanish isn't good enough!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ohbrother:

No good football coach in their right mind would take the Ky job. There is not enough elite talent in the state. Being the northern most state in the SEC doesn't help the situation much either..

I agree...

An athletics board member @ UK said in an interview this week that the money is there to pay anyone to coach. The problem is that no one like that would ever come because of facilities, etc. Fans need to see that reality...UK football CANNOT EVER be the powerhouse program they want it to be. Lightning in a bottle once every decade? Yes. Consistent powerhouse? No way. The state doesn't produce nearly enough talent for that. Heck, even when we cheat we stink.

 

I like Joker but he seems in over his head. I say one more year, because to cut him loose now would be treating him like Billy Clyde. That's not the popular viewpoint, but that's my take.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.