Owen County/Covington Holy Cross Predictions

Who wins?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Owen County
    • Covington Holy Cross

I was planning on going Friday, but after reading this thread why should I bother. Has every one From HC already purchased their tickets for the NCC game. Is it possible that the city boys and their fans from HC are over looking the country boys from Owen Co.

That was my thought too! They sure are confident!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll go with Owen in this one. I think they can play with Holy Cross.

I have seen both teams play this year. I think Owen will keep it close early, but in the second half Holy Cross will pull away. Newport showed last week that teams can man up on Owen and have success stopping their pass when they put pressure on him. That is why I believe they threw 3 interceptions last week. Owen had to go to the run in the 2nd half, which I think Holy Cross will do a better job stopping. Holy cross mixes up coverages, but they also go cover 0 alot and bring the house especially on third down. Which I think they could have a lot success doing against Owen.

I would love to see Owen win because I think that is a great story. However I just think Holy Cross matches up with them really well, and just will end up pulling away in the second half.

Sounds like Owen Co. has a pretty good 6'9 TE.

He is a legit D1 prospect. He is not the only threat on this team. He has very good speed and strength. I have seen both teams play several times this year. This Owen County team is a very good football team as is Holy Cross.

Owen County is 11-0. They did exactly what they needed to do to be where they are (the #1 seed in their district). They deserve to host the 2nd round playoff game. Holy Cross had their chance to be a #1 seed (they did not take advantage of the opportunity against NCC). Being an HC fan and having watched their games, as I mentioned previously, I doubt the players will be ALLOWED to be overconfident. On the other hand, fans can be allowed to have confidence about their team's chances in any particular game ("informed" confidence or otherwise)! If not, why would we need Blue Grass Preps? I am very interested in seeing their talented players such the QB, WR, and TE challenge the Indians to stop them. By the way, regarding post #49, I think Holy Cross is a good story too - relatively new program, very new feeder program, never been past regional final, improving every year, adding new assistants, etc. Is it Friday yet?

Owen County is 11-0. They did exactly what they needed to do to be where they are (the #1 seed in their district). They deserve to host the 2nd round playoff game. Holy Cross had their chance to be a #1 seed (they did not take advantage of the opportunity against NCC). Being an HC fan and having watched their games, as I mentioned previously, I doubt the players will be ALLOWED to be overconfident. On the other hand, fans can be allowed to have confidence about their team's chances in any particular game ("informed" confidence or otherwise)! If not, why would we need Blue Grass Preps? I am very interested in seeing their talented players such the QB, WR, and TE challenge the Indians to stop them. By the way, regarding post #49, I think Holy Cross is a good story too - relatively new program, very new feeder program, never been past regional final, improving every year, adding new assistants, etc. Is it Friday yet?

Good point. HC has made progress and deserves their props. Unfortunately for them NCC ahead. Looking forward to that rematch.

Good point. HC has made progress and deserves their props. Unfortunately for them NCC ahead. Looking forward to that rematch.

Dont forget that HC and NCC have a game to play this Friday and have to win before they get to play again.

I have seen both teams play this year. I think Owen will keep it close early, but in the second half Holy Cross will pull away. Newport showed last week that teams can man up on Owen and have success stopping their pass when they put pressure on him. That is why I believe they threw 3 interceptions last week. Owen had to go to the run in the 2nd half, which I think Holy Cross will do a better job stopping. Holy cross mixes up coverages, but they also go cover 0 alot and bring the house especially on third down. Which I think they could have a lot success doing against Owen.

I would love to see Owen win because I think that is a great story. However I just think Holy Cross matches up with them really well, and just will end up pulling away in the second half.

I think you double up on him man up then have help over the top. In saying that he is not the only threat #5 is a good receiver as well. #45 is a threat to run the football and I believe that by spreading defenses out then running him would be extremely effective for them. They are not a one player team.

As pass happy as Owen has been, I would be very surprised if the HC defense runs a cover 0 against them. If they do, it will result in points or very big chunks of yardage.