Owen County/Covington Holy Cross Predictions

Who wins?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Owen County
    • Covington Holy Cross

A lot of people don't know this, but the Rebels have dedicated their season to fellow classmate/cheerleader, Rebekah Gaines. Rebekah was a senior at Owen County High School and past away a few weeks ago when she lost her battle with cancer. No matter what happens tomorrow night, this put the Rebels entire history-making season into perspective.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you double up on him man up then have help over the top. In saying that he is not the only threat #5 is a good receiver as well. #45 is a threat to run the football and I believe that by spreading defenses out then running him would be extremely effective for them. They are not a one player team.

I saw the Newport/Owen game, and Newport was pretty successful just having one guy man up on him. Hardly ever did they really have a safety over top, and they did pretty well on him. The key was they got into him at the line, and beat him to the spot to where he couldn't jump over them to get it. I think Holy Cross can also do that, and Holy Cross has been very successful doing that, while also getting pressure on the QB which is the biggest key. Holy Cross has the guys to man them up across the board. When Newport got pressure on the QB while playing man, the QB threw picks. Which I believe he threw three in the game. They had to resort to running the ball, which did work because 45 does run really hard. I think Newport did give Holy Cross a good idea of what to do though, while also doing the things that they do well. I don't expect Owen to be as successful running the ball this week.

As pass happy as Owen has been, I would be very surprised if the HC defense runs a cover 0 against them. If they do, it will result in points or very big chunks of yardage.

Newport had success at it against Owen, so I don't see why Holy Cross wouldn't do it some too. The thing is when Holy Cross goes cover 0 they bring the house, and they do really well with it. They have the guys to man Owen up, especially since the QB won't have much time to throw. Yeah they can't do it every play, however it is something that they can definitely do.

A lot of people don't know this, but the Rebels have dedicated their season to fellow classmate/cheerleader, Rebekah Gaines. Rebekah was a senior at Owen County High School and past away a few weeks ago when she lost her battle with cancer. No matter what happens tomorrow night, this put the Rebels entire history-making season into perspective.

Sorry to hear about the passing of this young lady.

I saw the Newport/Owen game, and Newport was pretty successful just having one guy man up on him. Hardly ever did they really have a safety over top, and they did pretty well on him. The key was they got into him at the line, and beat him to the spot to where he couldn't jump over them to get it. I think Holy Cross can also do that, and Holy Cross has been very successful doing that, while also getting pressure on the QB which is the biggest key. Holy Cross has the guys to man them up across the board. When Newport got pressure on the QB while playing man, the QB threw picks. Which I believe he threw three in the game. They had to resort to running the ball, which did work because 45 does run really hard. I think Newport did give Holy Cross a good idea of what to do though, while also doing the things that they do well. I don't expect Owen to be as successful running the ball this week.

#45 has good speed and exceptional size and I think he is very hard to bring down. Even if you shut down the passing game I think their running game is good enough that HC will have problems with it. The only question is if Owen can stop HC offense and I think that maybe the key. Can the Owen defense stop the HC offense more than the HC defense can stop the Owen defense.

#45 has good speed and exceptional size and I think he is very hard to bring down. Even if you shut down the passing game I think their running game is good enough that HC will have problems with it. The only question is if Owen can stop HC offense and I think that maybe the key. Can the Owen defense stop the HC offense more than the HC defense can stop the Owen defense.

No probably not.