Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Reds Offseason News...

Featured Replies

Per MLB Trader rumors the Reds picked up the option on Phillips and declined the option on Cordero.

  • Replies 46
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Reds also trade Mat Maloney to the Twins.

BP will not be happy with this unless they reach a new long-term deal in the near future...

  • Author
BP will not be happy with this unless they reach a new long-term deal in the near future...

 

Pretty sure they are working on it according to Fay. They had to pick up the option within a certain number of days after the season was over I think.

I am sooooo glad they are going to try and work something out with Phillips.

 

Losing Cordero is going to hurt a lot more than people think. He has been very good over his career and was great last year. I agree with the move though because the Reds can't afford to give that much money to a closer. I wish him the best.

I was thinking they might try to work something out with Coco and use Aroldis as a starter.

Reds added OF Dennis Phipps to the 40-man roster.

I am sooooo glad they are going to try and work something out with Phillips.

 

 

Couldn't agree more. I just wish they could find a spot in the lineup for him...and keep him there. I know injuries can sometimes play havoc with your lineup, but if they want him to be a "power/rbi" hitter...then put him in that spot and leave him. If they want him to get on base and score runs, do that. I mean, come on, he's played in 93% of the Reds games over the past 6 years...you know he's going to be there everyday.

  • Author

Maloney was claimed off waivers not traded.

I am sooooo glad they are going to try and work something out with Phillips.

 

Losing Cordero is going to hurt a lot more than people think. He has been very good over his career and was great last year. I agree with the move though because the Reds can't afford to give that much money to a closer. I wish him the best.

 

Me too.

Couldn't agree more. I just wish they could find a spot in the lineup for him...and keep him there. I know injuries can sometimes play havoc with your lineup, but if they want him to be a "power/rbi" hitter...then put him in that spot and leave him. If they want him to get on base and score runs, do that. I mean, come on, he's played in 93% of the Reds games over the past 6 years...you know he's going to be there everyday.

 

He seemed to really flourish at leadoff in the last month or so of the season. I see him staying at the top of the order. Leadoff is underrated by many but I see it as the second most important spot in the order with cleanup being the most important. Your best hitter is going to bat third but if there is no solid cleanup hitter to back him, the whole lineup falls apart.

He seemed to really flourish at leadoff in the last month or so of the season. I see him staying at the top of the order. Leadoff is underrated by many but I see it as the second most important spot in the order with cleanup being the most important. Your best hitter is going to bat third but if there is no solid cleanup hitter to back him, the whole lineup falls apart.

 

At the top of the lineup is where I'd personally like to see him stay. It'd be nice to have someone on base when Votto gets to the plate. (Lord knows Stubbs struggled to do that.) But, if they need him to protect Joey, I could understand that too. Either way, let him know what his role is going to be, and stick to it.

Word on the street is that Phillips is the reason that Josh Hamilton was traded back in the day. Does this change your opionion of him?

^That's old news, and it wasn't just Phillips who didn't like Hamilton, it was pretty much everyone in the clubhouse.

mlbtraderumors.com has their predictions of the top 50 FA's this offseason, and have the Reds signing two: Josh Willingham and Juan Pierre.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.