Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pick Your QB

Who Ya Got? 13 members have voted

  1. 1. Who Ya Got?

    • QB A
      69%
    • QB B
      15%
    • Neither, they both stink...
      15%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Carolina has played:

 

@ Arizona

Green Bay

Jacksonville

@ Chicago

New Orleans

@ Atlanta

 

Cincinnati has played:

 

@ Cleveland

@ Denver

San Francisco

Buffalo

@ Jacksonville

Indianapolis

 

Hard to argue that Carolina's schedule isn't quite a bit harder thus far.

  • Replies 95
  • Views 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hard to argue that Carolina's schedule isn't quite a bit harder thus far.

 

I agree. That and the rushing stats do make a difference. I am very impressed with how both have adapted to the NFL in such a short amount of time. Carolina gave GB a great game if I am not mistaken. The future looks promising for both teams. Kind of sucks for Cincy fans who despise Mike Brown. Their success is giving him the excuse for more of the same.

  • Author
Because of the ints?

 

Because every statistic is in Dalton's favor except for the meaningless one of yards would be my guess. :idunno:

  • Author
Do you think the Bengals would be 4-2 against Carolinas schedule?

 

Would they be 4-2? Who knows, but I'm 100% confident they'd be better than 1-5.

Because of the ints?

 

Yes, and better completion % for QB A.

And what about when you throw in the rushing statistics?

 

I'd say B but not by a lot.

  • Author
And what about when you throw in the rushing statistics?

 

I'd still take A.

 

If Michael Vick has accomplished anything in the NFL, it's proving that a rushing QB can't win in this league at a high level.

I'd still take A.

 

If Michael Vick has accomplished anything in the NFL, it's proving that a rushing QB can't win in this league at a high level.

 

Steve Young won at a high level and Steve McNair and Donovan McNabb both took their teams to the Super Bowl. Mike Vick has a great winning percentage also and has been to the NFC finals. I agree that a rushing qb needs to be able to stay in the pocket and make passes and not always rely on their feet but rushing qb's can win and have won at a high level before and will again.

Steve Young won at a high level and Steve McNair and Donovan McNabb both took their teams to the Super Bowl. Mike Vick has a great winning percentage also and has been to the NFC finals. I agree that a rushing qb needs to be able to stay in the pocket and make passes and not always rely on their feet but rushing qb's can win and have won at a high level before and will again.

 

Some have yes, but a lot more QBs have won that aren't running QBs.

  • Author
Steve Young won at a high level and Steve McNair and Donovan McNabb both took their teams to the Super Bowl. Mike Vick has a great winning percentage also and has been to the NFC finals. I agree that a rushing qb needs to be able to stay in the pocket and make passes and not always rely on their feet but rushing qb's can win and have won at a high level before and will again.

 

What have Vick, McNair, and McNabb won before? Seems like a big fat ole nothing if you ask me.

 

Young I'll give you, although he was more of an Aaron Rodgers type than a true rushing QB IMO. He could scramble when necessary, but he was first and foremost a QB.

Some have yes, but a lot more QBs have won that aren't running QBs.

 

I think that's a terrible arguement HT.

I think that's a terrible arguement HT.

 

History doesn't lie. The NFL is obviously now more of a passing league than ever. There have been some very very good rushing QBs and how many super bowls do they have to their name? Convince me I am wrong if it's a terrible argument. I wasn't arguing for or against Dalton or Cam, I was talking about in general.

Fact is with the rushing yards and TD's this argument is not as easy of a choice. And Cam Newton can improve his passing. Dalton will never be able to run like Newton.

Fact is with the rushing yards and TD's this argument is not as easy of a choice. And Cam Newton can improve his passing. Dalton will never be able to run like Newton.

 

Agreed, rushing stats makes it a bit different.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.