Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pick Your QB

Who Ya Got? 13 members have voted

  1. 1. Who Ya Got?

    • QB A
      69%
    • QB B
      15%
    • Neither, they both stink...
      15%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Author
I'm leaning towards McNair over all of them except The Brady...

 

So I take it if you were an NFL GM your goal wouldn't be to win?

  • Replies 95
  • Views 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The initial argument wasn't which is better or who would you pick in their prime...Brady, Vick, McNair, McNabb. It was that mobile/rushing quarterbacks can't win at a high level and that is false.

So I take it if you were an NFL GM your goal wouldn't be to win?
Of course not. My goal would be to make money. :D

 

Now if I was an NBA or MLB GM...

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][TABLE=class: wikitable sortable jquery-tablesorter]

[TR]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]Brett Favre[3][/TD]

[TD]1991-2010[/TD]

[TD]Atlanta 1991; Green Bay 1992-2007; N.Y. Jets 2008; Minnesota 2009-2010[/TD]

[TD]186[/TD]

[TD]112[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD].624[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]John Elway[4][/TD]

[TD]1983-1998[/TD]

[TD]Denver 1983-1998[/TD]

[TD]148[/TD]

[TD]82[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD].643[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]Dan Marino[5][/TD]

[TD]1983-1999[/TD]

[TD]Miami 1983-1999[/TD]

[TD]147[/TD]

[TD]93[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD].613[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]Peyton Manning[6][/TD]

[TD]1998-Present[/TD]

[TD]Indianapolis 1998-Present[/TD]

[TD]141[/TD]

[TD]67[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD].678[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]5[/TD]

[TD]Fran Tarkenton[7][/TD]

[TD]1961-1978[/TD]

[TD]Minnesota 1961-1966, 1972-1978; N.Y. Giants 1967-1971[/TD]

[TD]124[/TD]

[TD]109[/TD]

[TD]6[/TD]

[TD].531[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]6[/TD]

[TD]Johnny Unitas[8][/TD]

[TD]1956-1973[/TD]

[TD]Baltimore 1956-1972; San Diego 1973[/TD]

[TD]118[/TD]

[TD]64[/TD]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD].645[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]7[/TD]

[TD]Joe Montana[9][/TD]

[TD]1979-1994[/TD]

[TD]San Francisco 1979-1992; Kansas City 1993-1994[/TD]

[TD]117[/TD]

[TD]47[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD].713[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]8[/TD]

[TD]Tom Brady[10][/TD]

[TD]2000-Present[/TD]

[TD]New England 2000-Present[/TD]

[TD]116[/TD]

[TD]33[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD].779[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]9[/TD]

[TD]Terry Bradshaw[11][/TD]

[TD]1970-1983[/TD]

[TD]Pittsburgh 1970-1983[/TD]

[TD]107[/TD]

[TD]51[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD].677[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]10[/TD]

[TD]Warren Moon[12][/TD]

[TD]1984-2000[/TD]

[TD]Houston 1984-1993; Minnesota 1994-96; Seattle 1997-98; Kansas City 1999-2000[/TD]

[TD]102[/TD]

[TD]101[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD].502[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

 

source is http://www.wikipedia.com

 

There is a common theme among most of these QBs.

If I were a GM I would take a qb like Young or Rodgers over a qb like Brady or Vick. I like having a guy who can run for the first down on 3rd and 7 if needed or can stay in the pocket and deliver an accurate pass to the tight end in a place where only he can catch it for a first down on 3rd and 7. To me that is an ideal qb.

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][TABLE=class: wikitable sortable jquery-tablesorter]

[TR]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]Brett Favre[3][/TD]

[TD]1991-2010[/TD]

[TD]Atlanta 1991; Green Bay 1992-2007; N.Y. Jets 2008; Minnesota 2009-2010[/TD]

[TD]186[/TD]

[TD]112[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD].624[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]John Elway[4][/TD]

[TD]1983-1998[/TD]

[TD]Denver 1983-1998[/TD]

[TD]148[/TD]

[TD]82[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD].643[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]Dan Marino[5][/TD]

[TD]1983-1999[/TD]

[TD]Miami 1983-1999[/TD]

[TD]147[/TD]

[TD]93[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD].613[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]Peyton Manning[6][/TD]

[TD]1998-Present[/TD]

[TD]Indianapolis 1998-Present[/TD]

[TD]141[/TD]

[TD]67[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD].678[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]5[/TD]

[TD]Fran Tarkenton[7][/TD]

[TD]1961-1978[/TD]

[TD]Minnesota 1961-1966, 1972-1978; N.Y. Giants 1967-1971[/TD]

[TD]124[/TD]

[TD]109[/TD]

[TD]6[/TD]

[TD].531[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]6[/TD]

[TD]Johnny Unitas[8][/TD]

[TD]1956-1973[/TD]

[TD]Baltimore 1956-1972; San Diego 1973[/TD]

[TD]118[/TD]

[TD]64[/TD]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD].645[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]7[/TD]

[TD]Joe Montana[9][/TD]

[TD]1979-1994[/TD]

[TD]San Francisco 1979-1992; Kansas City 1993-1994[/TD]

[TD]117[/TD]

[TD]47[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD].713[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]8[/TD]

[TD]Tom Brady[10][/TD]

[TD]2000-Present[/TD]

[TD]New England 2000-Present[/TD]

[TD]116[/TD]

[TD]33[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD].779[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]9[/TD]

[TD]Terry Bradshaw[11][/TD]

[TD]1970-1983[/TD]

[TD]Pittsburgh 1970-1983[/TD]

[TD]107[/TD]

[TD]51[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD].677[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]10[/TD]

[TD]Warren Moon[12][/TD]

[TD]1984-2000[/TD]

[TD]Houston 1984-1993; Minnesota 1994-96; Seattle 1997-98; Kansas City 1999-2000[/TD]

[TD]102[/TD]

[TD]101[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD].502[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

 

source is http://www.wikipedia.com

 

There is a common theme among most of these QBs.

 

 

Yep, they are all painfully slow.

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][TABLE=class: wikitable sortable jquery-tablesorter]

[TR]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]Brett Favre[3][/TD]

[TD]1991-2010[/TD]

[TD]Atlanta 1991; Green Bay 1992-2007; N.Y. Jets 2008; Minnesota 2009-2010[/TD]

[TD]186[/TD]

[TD]112[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD].624[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]John Elway[4][/TD]

[TD]1983-1998[/TD]

[TD]Denver 1983-1998[/TD]

[TD]148[/TD]

[TD]82[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD].643[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]Dan Marino[5][/TD]

[TD]1983-1999[/TD]

[TD]Miami 1983-1999[/TD]

[TD]147[/TD]

[TD]93[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD].613[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]Peyton Manning[6][/TD]

[TD]1998-Present[/TD]

[TD]Indianapolis 1998-Present[/TD]

[TD]141[/TD]

[TD]67[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD].678[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]5[/TD]

[TD]Fran Tarkenton[7][/TD]

[TD]1961-1978[/TD]

[TD]Minnesota 1961-1966, 1972-1978; N.Y. Giants 1967-1971[/TD]

[TD]124[/TD]

[TD]109[/TD]

[TD]6[/TD]

[TD].531[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]6[/TD]

[TD]Johnny Unitas[8][/TD]

[TD]1956-1973[/TD]

[TD]Baltimore 1956-1972; San Diego 1973[/TD]

[TD]118[/TD]

[TD]64[/TD]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD].645[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]7[/TD]

[TD]Joe Montana[9][/TD]

[TD]1979-1994[/TD]

[TD]San Francisco 1979-1992; Kansas City 1993-1994[/TD]

[TD]117[/TD]

[TD]47[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD].713[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]8[/TD]

[TD]Tom Brady[10][/TD]

[TD]2000-Present[/TD]

[TD]New England 2000-Present[/TD]

[TD]116[/TD]

[TD]33[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD].779[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]9[/TD]

[TD]Terry Bradshaw[11][/TD]

[TD]1970-1983[/TD]

[TD]Pittsburgh 1970-1983[/TD]

[TD]107[/TD]

[TD]51[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD].677[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]10[/TD]

[TD]Warren Moon[12][/TD]

[TD]1984-2000[/TD]

[TD]Houston 1984-1993; Minnesota 1994-96; Seattle 1997-98; Kansas City 1999-2000[/TD]

[TD]102[/TD]

[TD]101[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD].502[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

 

source is http://www.wikipedia.com

 

There is a common theme among most of these QBs.

To be fair, running QB's have only recently caught on. Also, running QB's have so far been predominantly black and there wasn't opportunities for them during the era several of those guys played in.
That doesn't do a very good job of making your point. I could easily substitute Rex Grossman for The Brady and while you'd have the same premise the answers would be markedly different.
It wouldn't be the same comparison. Grossman vs T. Jackson would be more accurate.
  • Author
The initial argument wasn't which is better or who would you pick in their prime...Brady, Vick, McNair, McNabb. It was that mobile/rushing quarterbacks can't win at a high level and that is false.

 

No it's not. How many have ever won a ring? I can't think of any. (I don't consider Young a running QB as his primary weapon was his arm, same goes for Rodgers).

I'm leaning towards McNair over all of them except The Brady...
I don't think there is anyone out of you that would take McNair over Rodgers and that includes McNair.
I don't think there is anyone out of you that would take McNair over Rodgers and that includes McNair.
I may have went a little far with that one. I don't have the time right now to really look at it closely but I know those 5 guys vs McNair is not a "no brainer" for me and definitely not a clean sweep for the passers.
I'm a big fan of Dalton, but I'm not buying Colin's assertion this time. The numbers don't back it up. Both guys have been very good for rookie QB's. And, while I dismiss the schedule as pretty much a wash with regards to the defenses they faced, that's not true with regards to wins and losses. Carolina has faced better teams and better offenses (4 playoff teams from a year ago with a combined record of 16-8 this year, none worse than .500). Cincy has faced only one playoff team from a year ago, the 0-6 Colts:D, but to be fair, Buffalo and San Francisco are tough teams this season. Their non-Jacksonville opponents are a combined 10-13.

 

Exactly. We can split hairs over stats, but both have been solid QBs, especially for rookies. Realistically, I think an argument could be made that Dalton's play has earned a bit more praise than he's getting, at least compared to Newton, but other than that both have been solid rookies in a young season.

No it's not. How many have ever won a ring? I can't think of any. (I don't consider Young a running QB as his primary weapon was his arm, same goes for Rodgers).
:thumb: There is a big difference between a running QB and a QB with the ability to run. Young, McNabb, etc. always had the ability to run, but until they were solid in the pocket their teams were not Superbowl caliber. Vick has been one to rely upon his legs often times before his arm.
No it's not. How many have ever won a ring? I can't think of any. (I don't consider Young a running QB as his primary weapon was his arm, same goes for Rodgers).

 

Young was a running qb. Young ran 722 times for 4239 times for 43 touchdowns and 5.9 yards a carry. He played 13 years. Same as McNabb and McNabb won't come close to Young's rushing stats. Dare I say the only qb you will find with stats close to or better than Young's are probably Mike Vick and only Vick. I'd love to know the qb who has more rushing tds than Young. Vick only has 32 so far and has played 9 seasons. How can Young not be a running qb?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.