Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pick Your QB

Who Ya Got? 13 members have voted

  1. 1. Who Ya Got?

    • QB A
      69%
    • QB B
      15%
    • Neither, they both stink...
      15%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I could be wrong but I don't think they have been in any blowouts. It seems like most of their games have came down to the 4th quarter because of Cam keeping them in it.

  • Replies 95
  • Views 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Panthers haven't been in any blowouts. All of their games have been pretty competitive.

 

I could be wrong but I don't think they have been in any blowouts. It seems like most of their games have came down to the 4th quarter because of Cam keeping them in it.

 

I shouldn't have said blown outs. I mean games where they are down 14-10 going into the 4th and he finds a way to get them close but they still lose. He is the king of the back door cover.

I shouldn't have said blown outs. I mean games where they are down 14-10 going into the 4th and he finds a way to get them close but they still lose. He is the king of the back door cover.
How exactly are those "chances to pad his stats"?
All fair points. It is more accurate to say teams that use a running QB can't win at a high level?

 

I would go with..... due to the scarcity of running qbs and the marginal success seen by the running qbs we have seen most teams are less likely to use a running qb because of fear that they can't win with one.

How exactly are those "chances to pad his stats"?

 

:idunno:

 

But, I'm certain Andy Dalton has been in plenty of those scenarios. Two different offenses. The Bengals are more conservative, so Cam is going to produce more yardage.

 

I'm not trying to say Newton is better. I'm biased toward Andy Dalton because I thought he could be the best QB in this draft and the Bengals got a steal by getting him in the second round. I just don't think you can say one guy has been better than the other through six games. I do agree with the post that said Dalton is probably losing some deserved media love because of the Cam love-fest, but both guys have had their ups and downs.

 

And, I don't think the W/L through 6 games is the end all argument since the Panthers have played a much tougher schedule.

As of now I would still take Newton but only slightly. Once Dalton beats the Steelers or Ravens then I will likely change my answer. Dalton has a great record and the Bengals are the surprise of the NFL but I wan to see a signature win(not that Cam has one) before I say I would take Dalton over Cam. This year's Bengals remind me of last year's Buccaneers. I want to see Dalton against a "great" team.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.