Cincinnati 25 Louisville 16

LCDAWGS19

Because I heard many talk about how UC was going to clobber them and didn't do it. If Louisville played better defense in the second half, they could have won today.

You didn't even attempt to answer my question. Why are you shocked a very solid UL defense played well in a rivalry game against an offense that has been hit or miss for a year and a half now? UC didn't have their starting RT or RG today, and they didn't play well for quite a while. That's what is going to happen against a D like UL has. UC dominated the 2nd half and earned a tough win. Underselling UL to feel some sort of moral victory is weak...

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know of plenty of others who believe the same thing, whom are UC fans... Regardless, Kelly recruited him and if he didn't, Pead would have been playing somewhere else.

Your opinion and not fact as you state it. UC didn't have anything close to a Big East title at the point they landed Pead, and BK was far from some ace recruiting master. The big programs gave him a look but didn't offer, and it was a heavy topic at that point on how he fell to UC with the numbers he put up.

How about you give UC props on a solid win where they made adjustments and made the plays necessary to keep the Keg Of Nails for the 4th year in a row... :idunno:

You didn't even attempt to answer my question. Why are you shocked a very solid UL defense played well in a rivalry game against an offense that has been hit or miss for a year and a half now? UC didn't have their starting RT or RG today, and they didn't play well for quite a while. That's what is going to happen against a D like UL has. UC dominated the 2nd half and earned a tough win. Underselling UL to feel some sort of moral victory is weak...

I never said it was a moral victory, I said if they played better in the second half, they could have won, which I interpret as a difference.

Your opinion and not fact as you state it. UC didn't have anything close to a Big East title at the point they landed Pead, and BK was far from some ace recruiting master. The big programs gave him a look but didn't offer, and it was a heavy topic at that point on how he fell to UC with the numbers he put up.

How about you give UC props on a solid win where they made adjustments and made the plays necessary to keep the Keg Of Nails for the 4th year in a row... :idunno:

I didn't say anything bad about UC winning. I also remember people being surprised by Pead's statistics. As far as Kelly's recruiting capabilities, I believe that he knew what he was doing then and that he knew Pead had the chance to make an impact with them.

I didn't say anything bad about UC winning. I also remember people being surprised by Pead's statistics. As far as Kelly's recruiting capabilities, I believe that he knew what he was doing then and that he knew Pead had the chance to make an impact with them.

You also have not given UC any credit at all outside of a backhanded compliment that they couldn't have landed Pead if they didn't have a coach that at that point had won nothing on a BCS level.

That same coach took a chance on a kid with huge stats that was too much of a risk for the big programs to want. The guy that would have gone elsewhere if not for BK was DJ Woods. He muffed 2 punts, dropped a huge 3rd down and did get loose on the 1st half TD. Pead had big interest, but UC was one of the few BCS level programs that made the offer. It's not like he was over flowing with big time offers and picked UC because the high powered passing attack was the best fit for his ability as a running back...

You also have not given UC any credit at all outside of a backhanded compliment that they couldn't have landed Pead if they didn't have a coach that at that point had won nothing on a BCS level.

That same coach took a chance on a kid with huge stats that was too much of a risk for the big programs to want. The guy that would have gone elsewhere if not for BK was DJ Woods. He muffed 2 punts, dropped a huge 3rd down and did get loose on the 1st half TD. Pead had big interest, but UC was one of the few BCS level programs that made the offer. It's not like he was over flowing with big time offers and picked UC because the high powered passing attack was the best fit for his ability as a running back...

No knock on Woods' TD, but that was a great play call, more than him....they had him in the slot and he got matched up with Preston Brown.....no match. Great play call.

I think I've given them plenty of credit with the way I have talked about Pead. I didn't think that I was saying anything about him being a bad player. Overall, I knew that UC had the better team coming in to the game.

1st and Goal at the 10 after that 68-yard pass play near the end of the first half; Cards leave with a field goal. Sums up the whole season thus far. It's getting difficult to watch. Not looking forward to next week.

That was the difference in the game for me. I thought the play calling was terrible in that situation.

I wish someone would SHOOT the Wild -Card formation. Only like it when the trigger man is a dual threat. There is no Dual threat with what we are doing.