Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Steelers have serious issues (that get worse daily)

Featured Replies

And now, James Harrison is out with an orbital fracture. Several weeks from initial reports. And I think we can get rid of the tough Tony Romo stuff. Harrison played the entire 2nd have with a skull fracture. No injection. And sadly, he is playing at the highest level of any player on that side of the ball. And the kid who backs him up is out for this week also. And the hits just keep coming.

 

This season feels more and more like it's going to be a labor of love to watch each game.

  • Replies 59
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:isurrender:

Do the Bengals now have a legit shot at staying in contention in this division?

The Steelers have a pretty favorable schedule...NFC West and AFC South. That's about as good as you could hope for being the defending AFC Champs. I think it's a little early to throw in the towel. If they had a tougher schedule, I might be there with you.

 

I'd say it will be a pretty good game this weekend. The Titans have one of the better o-lines in the league. Hasselbeck has only been sacked 4 times through the first quarter of the season. No Harrison is bad news for Pittsburgh, but I'm not underestimating what they've got left, Dick LeBeau and a team coming off a bad loss.

Do the Bengals now have a legit shot at staying in contention in this division?

 

Everyone has a legit shot if they win ball games but I don't think the Bengals are going to out up more W's than Baltimore or Pittsburgh (no matter the struggles). I do believe Cincinnati is much better than most expected and felt all along they weren't as bad as many Bengals fans were making them out to be. I will say that this could be the most important season the Bengals have had in a while, they stand to gain a lot this year even with a poor win-loss record. They have some very talented pieces, those pieces just need more time to grow and gain valuable experience, ie. Dalton etc. Surprisingly Cinci has put together a couple nice draft classes so if they can develop these players and continue to bring in talent they will be okay looking down the line. If Dalton keeps progressing and does so enough to earn the trust of the organization there could be a play out there next year for Mike Brown to make a deal for Palmer which may bring in a draft pick or two or at worst case a sufficient player who could come in and start. It was clear neither were backing off this offseason but after a year Brown may have proven his point and taken enough away from Palmer to be satisfied enough to finally bite the bullet and give him his walking papers. No sense to keep a contract on a guy who wants to play football but refuses (and has shown the willingness) to play for your team out of stubbornness, Mikey Boy should be eager to deal Carson at the end of the season (or depending on Dalton's development by the trade deadline) and depending on the QB market could get almost Kevin Kolb like value in return (I did say almost, and do feel Kolb isn't that much better than Palmer if at all). Either way the Bengals and their fans just need to stay patient and keep doing what they're doing. Brown is one of the worst Owner's in sports (although business wise he is one of the most successful) but even he has put together a good start in the rebuilding process. If guys like Andre Smith, Keith Rivers, Dalton, Gresham, Green, Shipley (if he makes a good recovery), etc. can develop into the players they are capable of being the Bengals will be okay looking down the line, I just don't see it happening this year regardless of how bad the division is. To make a surprising playoff run the Bengals would almost certainly have to win the division and I just can't see that this season. Strong possibility that we get 3 teams out of the AFC East in the playoffs, ala to the few years the NFC had been represented in the postseason by 3 NFC East teams. It's going to take a major stumble from the Jets, Pats, or Bills (quite possible) and other AFC Wild Card players for the Bengals to even be in the race. But like I said to start the post, its all about winning, if they can put together the wins then they could do it, I just don't see enough wins to be in contention, however I do see them being able to compete here in the next few seasons.

 

 

 

 

This coming from a non Bengals/Steelers fan and just casual unbiased observation and opinion.

  • Author

They did sign former LT Max Starks, and I can't see how he could possibly be anything but an upgrade from what they've trotted out there. Frankly, it was a mistake not keeping him there this season. And Keisel will be back on the Dline. But Aaron Smith will miss more time.

 

As for replacing Harrison on that edge, I suspect you'll see Timmons there. He's familiar with the spot, played it before they moved him to Mack. Plus Larry Foote can play the Mack efficiently. Problem is that Farrior will be on the field the whole game.

Do the Bengals now have a legit shot at staying in contention in this division?

 

That depends on whether the Bengals are the team that showed up in the first half of the Bills game or the team that showed up in the second half. Will the real Bengals please stand up?

Do the Bengals now have a legit shot at staying in contention in this division?

 

Their defense has been such a pleasant surprise this season. As long as the D can keep them in games, I don't see why they can't win 8 or 9 games. I think Jax, Indy, Seattle, Cleveland, and St. Louis should be wins if they play well, but we all know none of them are guarantees. The way the Steelers have been playing on offense, I don't see why they couldn't take one or both games from them...Could end up being a fun season to watch.

They did sign former LT Max Starks, and I can't see how he could possibly be anything but an upgrade from what they've trotted out there. Frankly, it was a mistake not keeping him there this season. And Keisel will be back on the Dline. But Aaron Smith will miss more time.

 

As for replacing Harrison on that edge, I suspect you'll see Timmons there. He's familiar with the spot, played it before they moved him to Mack. Plus Larry Foote can play the Mack efficiently. Problem is that Farrior will be on the field the whole game.

 

I was so glad to see Starks back, even though I would have rather had Flo. I don't think Farrior will be on the field the whole time. The coaches really like Stevenson Sylvester and this could be his audition for future playing time.

Also Harrison's back up, Worilds is doubtfull for this Sunday, but he will also get more playing time while Harrison is out. I see a youth movement coming next year...

  • Author
Also Harrison's back up, Worilds is doubtfull for this Sunday, but he will also get more playing time while Harrison is out. I see a youth movement coming next year...
No chance, too many guys signed who aren't "youthful".
  • Author

And as of today, starters Komeatu the LG is out. And even better yet, Casey Hampton is now out. LT Max Starks who has 3 total practices under his belt will start Sunday. If this game was on the road, I'd give the Steelers 14.

The Titans are 3-1, could easily be 4-0, but the Ravens are the only good team they've played. I thought the Titans had a chance to be a surprise team this year, but at this point, I'm still not sure how good they are. Losing Britt hurt. Pitt has beat two bad teams and lost to two good ones. All things even, I like the Titans a little better at this point. But, Pitt is at home and I think they have more motivation at this point with a lot of people question them. I think it will be close. I really wish Tennessee would have got that first game in Jacksonville, like they should have.

No chance, too many guys signed who aren't "youthful".

 

I disagree... I think next year Pittsbugh lets go Smith, Ward, Farrior, Mcfadden, Foote, with Hampton, Kiesel, Harrison, Kemo, Mendenhall, Clark a year later if not sooner...

Why again was Max Starks cut? The O-line might have been the brightest spot today. Sure didn't expect that.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.