Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Steelers have serious issues (that get worse daily)

Featured Replies

  • Author

He was coming off of neck surgery and cost a pile. They definitely saved a load going this route. I'm not sure that it was a good plan, but Max played well today. I think Komeatu is severly overrated. He goms up the Oline. I wouldn't mind cutting bait with him. Not very mobile, less than average in pass protection.

  • Replies 59
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
I disagree... I think next year Pittsbugh lets go Smith, Ward, Farrior, Mcfadden, Foote, with Hampton, Kiesel, Harrison, Kemo, Mendenhall, Clark a year later if not sooner...
Ward will NOT be gone. Farrior maybe, but with his contract, it makes little sense to cut ties with him. His contract is backloaded with guaranteed $ so he'll get that in any case. I agree with Foote, perhaps Hampton, McFadden, but you can count on seeing Harrison back, probably extended. I hope they send Mendenhall to Afghanistan. Clark may also be on a short list.
Ward will NOT be gone. Farrior maybe, but with his contract, it makes little sense to cut ties with him. His contract is backloaded with guaranteed $ so he'll get that in any case. I agree with Foote, perhaps Hampton, McFadden, but you can count on seeing Harrison back, probably extended. I hope they send Mendenhall to Afghanistan. Clark may also be on a short list.

 

:lol: :lol:

Ward will NOT be gone. Farrior maybe, but with his contract, it makes little sense to cut ties with him. His contract is backloaded with guaranteed $ so he'll get that in any case. I agree with Foote, perhaps Hampton, McFadden, but you can count on seeing Harrison back, probably extended. I hope they send Mendenhall to Afghanistan. Clark may also be on a short list.

 

Never understood signing Farrior to a long-term deal. Jeez, he was old before he got to the Burgh.

Ward will NOT be gone. Farrior maybe, but with his contract, it makes little sense to cut ties with him. His contract is backloaded with guaranteed $ so he'll get that in any case. I agree with Foote, perhaps Hampton, McFadden, but you can count on seeing Harrison back, probably extended. I hope they send Mendenhall to Afghanistan. Clark may also be on a short list.

 

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Those teams that draft RBs in the first round will come to regret it. Hope they learned their lesson. Go find a good bowling ball in the fourth or fifth round.

Ward will NOT be gone. Farrior maybe, but with his contract, it makes little sense to cut ties with him. His contract is backloaded with guaranteed $ so he'll get that in any case. I agree with Foote, perhaps Hampton, McFadden, but you can count on seeing Harrison back, probably extended. I hope they send Mendenhall to Afghanistan. Clark may also be on a short list.

 

Don't forget Big Ben they should send him to prison! :D

  • Author
Don't forget Big Ben they should send him to prison! :D
Or to Simon Kenton, same sentence basically.
Ward will NOT be gone. Farrior maybe, but with his contract, it makes little sense to cut ties with him. His contract is backloaded with guaranteed $ so he'll get that in any case. I agree with Foote, perhaps Hampton, McFadden, but you can count on seeing Harrison back, probably extended. I hope they send Mendenhall to Afghanistan. Clark may also be on a short list.

 

Of all the ones that I said will be gone after this year, Ward is the only that I think could come back, but in reserver role. Wallace, Brown and Sanders will all pass Ward on the depth chart. I say that with the great game he had yeasterday and that I have always been a Ward fan (Only current player that I have his jersey). I believe Harrison is in the 3rd year of his 4 year deal, no way they resign him, unless he takes a huge pay cut and he won't. Someone will over pay for his services. The team will get Worilds and Carter as much playing time as they can to see if they have what it takes to be the next starter. If not you will see another OLB/DE drafted early on this coming April.

  • Author
Of all the ones that I said will be gone after this year, Ward is the only that I think could come back, but in reserver role. Wallace, Brown and Sanders will all pass Ward on the depth chart. I say that with the great game he had yeasterday and that I have always been a Ward fan (Only current player that I have his jersey). I believe Harrison is in the 3rd year of his 4 year deal, no way they resign him, unless he takes a huge pay cut and he won't. Someone will over pay for his services. The team will get Worilds and Carter as much playing time as they can to see if they have what it takes to be the next starter. If not you will see another OLB/DE drafted early on this coming April.
They'll resign Harrison. I'd bet the farm on it.
They'll resign Harrison. I'd bet the farm on it.

 

Not a shot. Harrison will be 35 in the in the spring of 2013 and no way the FO signs a 35 year old LB. That farm you would lose...

  • Author
Not a shot. Harrison will be 35 in the in the spring of 2013 and no way the FO signs a 35 year old LB. That farm you would lose...
I'll take some of that action.
I'll take some of that action.

 

Same here... :thumb:

I called for a youth movement coming in the offseason with Vets getting cut... :p Doc

  • Author
I called for a youth movement coming in the offseason with Vets getting cut... :p Doc

You guaranteed Harrison would get cut.....:pCake.

But I was indeed wrong about Ward. I thought he'd take the vet minimum and hang around. However, they didn't offer. So, I whiffed on that one. I do think it was best for the organization. They couldn't afford with cap issues to be loyal at this point.

 

Glad Komeatu, the mistake from Utah, is out the door. Hate that A.Smith's career has come to a close, but it's time for him to retire which he will without a tickertape parade and was IMO one of the best d-linemen in the game and frankly the key to the top rush defense for a decade.

 

And it now looks as if Farrior is the next to go. He's 37, it's time. So, if that's the case I'd have to think we would be seeing a ILB in the first 2 rds.

Edited by spindoc

You guaranteed Harrison would get cut.....:pCake.

But I was indeed wrong about Ward. I thought he'd take the vet minimum and hang around. However, they didn't offer. So, I whiffed on that one. I do think it was best for the organization. They couldn't afford with cap issues to be loyal at this point.

 

Glad Komeatu, the mistake from Utah, is out the door. Hate that A.Smith's career has come to a close, but it's time for him to retire which he will without a tickertape parade and was IMO one of the best d-linemen in the game and frankly the key to the top rush defense for a decade.

 

And it now looks as if Farrior is the next to go. He's 37, it's time. So, if that's the case I'd have to think we would be seeing a ILB in the first 2 rds.

 

Now now... I said they wouldn't resign Harrison to a new contract, he still has a year left.

 

I hated to see Ward and Smith go, but it was time. Kemo couldn't even hold down a starting position from undrafted free agents. He won't be missed...

 

As for ILB, Hightower seems to be high on their list, but I think they will pass on him if a good OL is still on their board. Fontaze from ASU might be there in round 2...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.