Whitley County 27 Somerset 21

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good win for Whitley County. Great atmosphere at the game tonight, although Trenchmaster was not here supporting his team, lol.
Was a great game, don't know about the block in the back on TD that was called back on last drive. Good Game!!!

Very good win for Whitley. They seem to be turning their season around at just the right time.

That seems to be the case. I know expectations were pretty high early and the Colonels were sputtering. This win could catapult them into a challenger in their district.

Great game. Tough loss for the Jumpers who outplayed Whitley for most of the game. Somerset played without 3 starting linebackers for most of the game due to injury and had a hard time stopping Boston Bryant. I'm not going to get into the officiating a whole lot but the Jumpers had 3 touchdowns called back including 2 on Somerset's final drive that could have clinched the game. On the last one it looked like the 2 Colonels ran into each other. That said however, Whitley made a nice drive for the winning score. Don't hang your heads Jumpers the real season starts now with Danville.

Great game. Tough loss for the Jumpers who outplayed Whitley for most of the game. Somerset played without 3 starting linebackers for most of the game due to injury and had a hard time stopping Boston Bryant. I'm not going to get into the officiating a whole lot but the Jumpers had 3 touchdowns called back including 2 on Somerset's final drive that could have clinched the game. On the last one it looked like the 2 Colonels ran into each other. That said however, Whitley made a nice drive for the winning score. Don't hang your heads Jumpers the real season starts now with Danville.
I thought the Officials blew it, come on 2 called back on last drive. Whitley deservs credit for a great last drive of their own.

This was the 3rd hard faught game in the area last night and what I hear would have been a great one to watch. Congrats to coach Black and Whitley Co. Keep your heads up Briarjumpers you will do fine in the playoffs because of the tough schedule. Good luck to both teams the rest of the way!

Great game and a good win for the Colonels...There was no question Boston Bryant was blocked in the back on the punt return that was called back...On the other calls I did not have the best view...Anyway Coach Black made some nice calls on the final drive for the win, the reverse and the reverse pass were killers...

The block in the back on the punt return was definitely the correct call. I didn't have a really good angle on the second touchdown but the third one was just a poor call. It was a great final drive for Whitley, but they should have been trying for a tie, not going for the win. That's just life on the road. The calls didn't cost Somerset the game however, and are no reflection on the effort that the Colonels showed last night.

Not to be disrespectful but I really don't know what game you were watching if you thought that Somerset outplayed Whitley County most of the night. In the first quarter Whitley had 17 offensive plays, Somerset had 3 (three, III). Whitley had 20 first downs Somerset had 9 (nine, IX) Boston Bryant had 179 yards rushing, Somerset had something in the neighborhood of 140 AS A TEAM. Somerset had a great drive with the last meaningful possession but when it came time to make plays with the game on the line, it was Whitley making plays; diving tackle by Ysidro to stop a TD, penalties at critical times by SHS. The tipped pass by the DB to end the SHS threat. Then there was the last drive and 4th down play, then the reverse pass and catch, the Boss Bryant forcing his will on multiple SHS defenders to get into the endzone, without the help of the officials blocking for him. No I think it is safe to say WCHS outplayed SHS, and actually could have put them away early if their offense had not sputtered in the second quarter.

Whitley executed a nice game plan by playing keep away and it worked. Somerset has a great bunch of athletes and Whitley knew they had to keep the ball out of their hands.

You are right as to not get into the officiating. But I will....they were inept!!!!! They missed calls on both side of the ball, and I have watched the film several times and every TD called back was a legit call. Officials don't throw flags to call back TDs, they call them back because they saw (real or imaginary) rules infraction. But lets face facts, Whitley had some bad calls or non-calls too.

The best TEAM won. Somerset without a doubt has more and better athletes but Whitley has a better TEAM!!! The sum of the parts are much better than the individuals standing alone.

I thought the Officials blew it, come on 2 called back on last drive. Whitley deservs credit for a great last drive of their own.

Didn't you think MC would win 8 games.......you better rethink that one along with calls you are talking about!!!