Whitley County 27 Somerset 21

This is a good assesment of what really happened. So there WCSportsFan!!!! My openion is not bias, just someone watching a Football game, with friends Coaching on both sidelines.

Actually, more accurately you could say your opinion is no more biased than Mr. Hyden. He is obviously a SHS fan. No problem seeing that, but reporting should be unbiased and without passion, that is why they call it reporting, what he gave was an opinion and it was his opinion, and should have been expressed in a sports column, not like it was fact.

"The assertion or statement of a thing done or existing; sometimes, even when false, improperly put, by a transfer of meaning, for the thing done, or supposed to be done; a thing supposed or asserted to be done; as, history abounds with false facts."

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

C mon what game were you watching. Whitley certainly dominated the first quarter, but after that somerset controlled. What - three td's called back by officials and one somerset fumble on three yard line. than a piling on call to keep Whitleys drive alive in the last minute. No way - officials decided that game - not the players! It became apparent the officials were not going to let Somerset win. Somerset would have won by 2 tds if not for the officials. I heard same thing happened in the Clay co game also to make sure Whitley won!

Whitley had the ball and 85 yards for a TD, maybe 55 yards to be in field goal range. 3:31 left in the game. Obviously Whitley has very little passing game, all Somerset had to do was stop the Colonels. The penalty moved the ball 15 yards, not 85, and not 55. So Whitley still had to move the ball themselves. Bottom line, I would have rather been in Somerset's shoes at that point in the game rather than Whitley's position. But with all that on their side Somerset could not get the job done. Whitley executed their game plan much better than Somerset, all you have to do is look at the statistics and time of possession.

No high school hires the officials or has input on them, they are assigned by the assigning secretary. How can they cheat for them. I can remember Williamsburg making some of the same complaints several years ago at Somerset....not to mention a few other teams over the past couple of years. Get over it, it is a part of the game. I am morally sure that if Somerset would have won, they would not be whining. (BTW I hear Walmart has a sale on cheese this week in Somerset to go with all the "whine")

Good Luck this week, hope you get back on the winning track with Danville.