Highlands 21 Ryle 13 (JV)

jbwill2

Another nice job for the JV Birds against what appeared to be a Jr-heavy Ryle team. Lots of nice plays on both sides of the ball including two beautiful catch-n-runs by Hayes. That kid in open space is just flat-out fun to watch.

Although Houliston didn't put up the kind of numbers this week against a much better defense than what he faced last week, I really like what I saw upstairs. Drew was under significant pressure from the Ryle pass rush frequently throughout the game, and did a very nice job extending the plays - stepping up in the pocket, moving around, evading rushers, and then NOT making bad decisions to force the ball into openings that just weren't there. Kids his age are always tempted to force things, especially after previous series have ended in punts, but he consistently chose the right option - whether that was throwing it away, accepting a short gain, or even taking the sack. One or two bad decisions on his part could easily have changed the outcome of this game. Very good mental maturity. :thumb:

It is called JUNIOR Varsity right? What is wrong with playing juniors? In fact, at a big school like Ryle I would expect there to be a lot of juniors playing on the JV. If the varsity is deep in talent and has a lot of players, there are surely a lot of juniors who aren't getting playing time for the varsity, so let them play JV. Doesn't Highlands have any juniors playing JV?

This is a good win considering most of the Birds played a ton of Varsity last night. Also heard Ryle was playing a bunch of JRs today. A school that big shouldn't have to do this IMO.
Between varsity and jv together they are only dressing around 40. They may have to be playing jrs to field a team ???

It is called JUNIOR Varsity right? What is wrong with playing juniors? In fact, at a big school like Ryle I would expect there to be a lot of juniors playing on the JV. If the varsity is deep in talent and has a lot of players, there are surely a lot of juniors who aren't getting playing time for the varsity, so let them play JV. Doesn't Highlands have any juniors playing JV?

Now that made me laugh VOR.

I really dont care if they play Jr's to be honest they could have brought down some Sr's and the JV Birds wouldnt have flinched.

I thougjt Hayes was a varsity payer for the Birds. No?

Nope, I dont think he sniffs the field much on Varsity to be honest. Jehad Henderson the JV RB and a JR played a lot of Varsity last night and I didnt notice Hayes at all. Maybe I just missed him but he obviously didnt stand out. His reps as a sophomore will be on JV.

The Varsity already has Colin Seidl chomping at the bit to get in the game and run by people like he did last night. Fastest kid on the team IMO next to Ozzy Sheehan.