Highlands 21 Ryle 13 (JV)

jbwill2

Nope, I dont think he sniffs the field much on Varsity to be honest. Jehad Henderson the JV RB and a JR played a lot of Varsity last night and I didnt notice Hayes at all. Maybe I just missed him but he obviously didnt stand out. His reps as a sophomore will be on JV.

The Varsity already has Colin Seidl chomping at the bit to get in the game and run by people like he did last night. Fastest kid on the team IMO next to Ozzy Sheehan.

He didnt get carries against Boyle?

There were several juniors playing on the team for Ryle on Saturday but none of the junionrs were everyday starters on Varsity. I thought the Ryle team did real well offensively. They moved the ball well and their QB is really quick. He ran that option like a QB that had been doing it for years. Despite the 2 INT's he had several passes that we right on the money and gained a quite a few yards. Verversitale kid. JV needs one more weapon to get to the next level. Last year the Highlands 9th grade team beat Ryle 50-7. It was not even close, this year Ryle hung in there.

It is called JUNIOR Varsity right? What is wrong with playing juniors? In fact, at a big school like Ryle I would expect there to be a lot of juniors playing on the JV. If the varsity is deep in talent and has a lot of players, there are surely a lot of juniors who aren't getting playing time for the varsity, so let them play JV. Doesn't Highlands have any juniors playing JV?

I agree, I would expect a lot of Juniors to play for Ryle. I would expect a lot of Juniors to play for any decent sized school. I also believe it doesnt matter what their age is, Varsity is the only thing that really counts. I look at JV as a strategy to get to varsity.