Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Can we close the book on Conner?

Featured Replies

I know Beechwood is good, really good, but 5A teams can't get drilled by 1A teams and expect to compete.

 

 

Anyone?

  • Replies 37
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too early. Tough non-conference schedule will force them to be ready for districts.

 

They need to figure out who can play defense even if means two-way players.

 

I'd also like to see a little more pep in their step. Very listless tonight.

I agree for the most part, but the smaller schools put out great teams at times, and Beechwood is going to be one of them this year.

I agree for the most part, but the smaller schools put out great teams at times, and Beechwood is going to be one of them this year.

 

BW looks like they can be really, really good. Strong team. Good size.

BW looks like they can be really, really good. Strong team. Good size.

 

I think so too. Considering all the players they have back, the ways in which they lost to Mayfield over the past seasons, etc., I believe that anything short of the Class A title this season is a disappointment for them.

  • Author
After 1 scrimmage it's just a little too early to close the book on any team.

 

So you don't think getting drilled by a 1A team is that big of a deal?

So you don't think getting drilled by a 1A team is that big of a deal?

 

If this would have been Bellevue, Ludlow or Dayton, I could see your point, but Beechwood is not your average 1A team. Those other 3 teams in their district may not score on them this season. They will beat SK handily.

  • Author
If this would have been Bellevue, Ludlow or Dayton, I could see your point, but Beechwood is not your average 1A team. Those other 3 teams in their district may not score on them this season. They will beat SK handily.

 

So you think Beechwood would be the 5A champs?

So you think Beechwood would be the 5A champs?

 

I think Beechwood has a VERY good team and could win the NK 5A district. 5A state champs?? Not sure. I think they have a chance to run the table this season. Well coached, senior laden, great size and speed. Great recipe for success.

I think Beechwood has a VERY good team and could win the NK 5A district. 5A state champs?? Not sure. I think they have a chance to run the table this season. Well coached, senior laden, great size and speed. Great recipe for success.

 

A chance, yes. But let's not get ahead of ourselves. Beechwood has to face 6A SK, 6A Dixie, 4A CCH, 2A champ NCC and a couple other higher class teams.

So you think Beechwood would be the 5A champs?

 

I don't know the 5A field well enough to say yes definitively.

 

However, they would certainly go deep into the playoffs.

I would think they have much better chance than anyone else in this area. The one thing we know is Conner couldnt win a class A state championship this year.

I don't know the 5A field well enough to say yes definitively.

 

However, they would certainly go deep into the playoffs.

If this would have been Bellevue, Ludlow or Dayton, I could see your point, but Beechwood is not your average 1A team. Those other 3 teams in their district may not score on them this season. They will beat SK handily.

 

 

Not going to happen!

I would think they have much better chance than anyone else in this area. The one thing we know is Conner couldnt win a class A state championship this year.

 

:lol: That was a good one. Welcome to BGP!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.