August 5, 201115 yr So nice of you to wait for me. You act like I said the Bengals are going to have a great year. What I have said is the Bengals do have some good young talent, and have filled in some pieces. Would have been better if Whitner signed, cause that would have really helped the defense. If Carson was still here I would say 10 and 6, because it is an easy schedule, they would have got off to a good start and got the confidence. They would have AT WORST split with the Ravens if not swept them. Which people can't really argue with me on that, cause Carson has always given the Ravens fit and is like 9 and 4 for his career against them. Pitt they might have been able to steal one, and things like that. However that is with Carson. Obviously he is not here, and as I said the QB is the big question mark this year. So it's really hard to predict how they will do. They could be as bad as a 2 and 14 team, or could suprise some people depending if they get off to a good start against an easy schedule. Because give a young team some confidence, then anything can happen. So no prediction, might be able to give you one after the preseason though. I agre with some of this. Not the Carson part though. I think if Gradkowski plays the season will be similar to if Carson played. If Daulton play, I really have no idea. I'll go ahead and pop. 6-10
August 5, 201115 yr Author I agre with some of this. Not the Carson part though. I think if Gradkowski plays the season will be similar to if Carson played. If Daulton play, I really have no idea. I'll go ahead and pop. 6-10 Did someone hack your account? :lol:
August 5, 201115 yr That's a fun way to look at sports. It is sad to feel that way but that's how bitter I am toward Mike Brown and about the way he has handled this franchise. I'll bet his dad turns over in his grave when Mike says and does some of the stupid things he does. Paul Brown was a proud man that did so many things to advance the pro football game and bring it to Cincinnati only to have the team be the laughingstock of the NFL.
August 5, 201115 yr If they don't win 7-8 games with this schedule, the NFL should take control of the team for "Conduct unbecoming to a professional football team"!! I'll go with 5-11 or 6-10--They always seem to find a couple late wins from superior teams, who mail it in if they're eliminated from the playoffs.
August 5, 201115 yr Author No. Why? Just didn't think you would be that optimistic about their win total.
August 5, 201115 yr Just didn't think you would be that optimistic about their win total. Oh. they do have a pretty easy schedule. I don't know if 6-10 should be called optimistic. Well I guess for the Bengals it is.
August 5, 201115 yr Author ^ I wish they wouldn't have renewed them. Mike will soon start to see what he is ruining.
August 5, 201115 yr ^Why not? I don't tell people not to buy tickets to the Reds, UC, UK, UL, Browns, OSU, etc.............if people want to support the Bengals, I think it's a good thing. I think having the NFL is a huge plus for the region and the city of Cincinnati. Cracks me up when detractors encourage Bengal fans to not buy their season tickets. To each his own, I guess.........:idunno:
August 5, 201115 yr Author Actually the city is losing money having the Bengals here. The tax payers and legislators got worked hardcore on the deal they made with Mike Brown. Mike only cares about one thing and that is money. He doesn't care if they win. All he wants is your hard earned money in his pocket for putting a crappy product on the field. I was a season ticker holder for a while but it was just throwing money into a fire. I hope they move the team or somehow he comes to terms that he is a terrible GM.
August 5, 201115 yr Actually the city is losing money having the Bengals here. The tax payers and legislators got worked hardcore on the deal they made with Mike Brown. Mike only cares about one thing and that is money. He doesn't care if they win. All he wants is your hard earned money in his pocket for putting a crappy product on the field. I was a season ticker holder for a while but it was just throwing money into a fire. I hope they move the team or somehow he comes to terms that he is a terrible GM. You really think the tri state area would be better off without the Bengals and the Reds? The Reds stadium deal is in the same sinking boat. The ripple effect would be devastating to all of the secondary businesses that piggyback on the local teams; Hotels, Restaurants, Vendors, etc.........The Banks project would be doa without the teams.
August 5, 201115 yr Author You really think the tri state area would be better off without the Bengals and the Reds? The Reds stadium deal is in the same sinking boat. The ripple effect would be devastating to all of the secondary businesses that piggyback on the local teams; Hotels, Restaurants, Vendors, etc.........The Banks project would be doa without the teams. They would be fine without the Bengals. The Reds are a different story and they county isn't losing money on the Reds.
August 5, 201115 yr They would be fine without the Bengals. The Reds are a different story and they county isn't losing money on the Reds. Respectfully disagree. The county is getting hosed on both stadiums, not just PBS. The revenue they projected from the sales tax is not even scratching the surface to pay for both stadiums. Can't give the Reds a hall pass on this issue.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.