When does your school start back?

sportsfan41

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The schools here in the Bourbon City -- Bardstown, Nelson County, Bethlehem -- start back tomorrow.

Good lord, that just seems so early. I remember back when we started the week before labor day weekend so we always had a 3 day weekend.

Good lord, that just seems so early. I remember back when we started the week before labor day weekend so we always had a 3 day weekend.

I agree that it does seem early. However, Bardstown adopted more of a year-round schedule several years ago. They take a long spring and fall break, as well as Christmas break, and I think have more four-day school weeks than the five-day variety. They're usually still in school into the first and sometimes second week of June.

Nelson and Bethlehem operate on a similar schedule and tend to get out a couple weeks before Bardstown. Plus, Nelson is more susceptible to snow days because of the rural nature of the county. NC has an agreement to allow Bethlehem students to ride NC buses as well, which forces them to mirror the NC school schedule.

My sister goes to Nelson County High and isn't excited at all.

She won't mind so much when she gets to lord it over the B'town kids because her summer break starts way earlier. :D