UK Pros vs. Dominican Republic National Team

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got mine, section 42 row o. Sucks because its in the corner, im assuming over the tunnel, but that section starts with like row h or something I think so will probably only be about five rows up. Again, would rather have been on the sides than in the corner but lower level, can't complain.

I think its going to be an awesome event. Much rather go to this than Big Blue Madness. I mean as a UK fan an event like this is once in a lifetime, if the lockout wasnt going on I doubt this happens. Now that its not looking like its going to be televised it gives even more reason to be there. Rondo, Wall, Prince, Meeks, Boogie, Bledsoe, Bogans all wearing blue again and playing in Rupp???? I mean get out of here.

The NCAA went a little nuts on this one. But nonetheless it still sounds like it should be a really fun event for UK fans (and so makes me want to be sick all over my desk right now). :D

I got dragged by a friend of mine over to Bellarmine University when I was younger to see the seniors from the 1996 National Championship team on their tour that summer. These exhibitions can be a lot of fun for fans.

Oscar Combs is tweeting some cryptic things about the NCAA right now. Sounds like someone is pursuing legal action. No idea as to over what.

The NCAA's twitter feed also said something to the effect that "The NCAA is still working with UK on the event. More details to come"

So correct me if I'm wrong... But basically what I'm see is that the UNC Pro game consisted of the following:

~Former players who are now in the NBA.

~Official UNC jerseys for both teams.

~Former players and coaches honored during the game.

~I don't know if Dean Smith coached one of the teams, but it's possible since he was there and was honored.

GOOD JOB NCAA :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

So correct me if I'm wrong... But basically what I'm see is that the UNC Pro game consisted of the following:

~Former players who are now in the NBA.

~Official UNC jerseys for both teams.

~Former players and coaches honored during the game.

~I don't know if Dean Smith coached one of the teams, but it's possible since he was there and was honored.

GOOD JOB NCAA :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

We don't know yet (and may never know), but it's being speculated that it has to do with Eloy Vargas playing on the Dominican team.

Oscar Combs is tweeting some cryptic things about the NCAA right now. Sounds like someone is pursuing legal action. No idea as to over what.

The NCAA's twitter feed also said something to the effect that "The NCAA is still working with UK on the event. More details to come"

Joe Hall's lawyer has contacted the NCAA.

We don't know yet (and may never know), but it's being speculated that it has to do with Eloy Vargas playing on the Dominican team.

What does him playing have to do with whether or not Joe B. Hall can coach the UK Legends team? I'm just really struggling to see the connection. Does that mean that any game he plays in for the DR won't be shown on TV or heard on the radio? If he played in an exhibition game against Duke alum, could they not be referred to as Duke alum in any way? Could they not be coached by a former coach?