Dale Earnhardt Jr.

uk#1fan

Do you think Dale Jr. is an average driver or a top driver?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Dale Jr. is an average driver or a top driver?

• an average driver
    • a top driver

If Jr wins a title he'll be in the Hall of Fame...after all Dale Jarrett is already in it.

Still hasn't lived up to expectations that he set when he dominated Busch Series and won back to back titles...he hasn't won more than one race in a season since the wreck at the LeMans race in California in a race Corvette back in 2004. He did win three more races that year but hasn't ran the same since. The last few years he's ran harder than he had for 5 or 6 years

Dale Jarrett...who by the way was my favorite driver for several years. 32 wins, 3 time Daytona 500 winner and 1999 cup champ.

Dale Jr...20 wins, one Daytona 500 win, no championships. And he NEVER had to struggle in the early days the way Jarrett did.

Even with a cup championship, should he win one this year, still a lessor driver than Jarrett. BUT, he would be much higher up in the conversation of HOF drivers. Right now I say no. And I doubt very seriously Jarrett would be there without his championship.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dale Jarrett...who by the way was my favorite driver for several years. 32 wins, 3 time Daytona 500 winner and 1999 cup champ.

Dale Jr...20 wins, one Daytona 500 win, no championships. And he NEVER had to struggle in the early days the way Jarrett did.

Even with a cup championship, should he win one this year, still a lessor driver than Jarrett. BUT, he would be much higher up in the conversation of HOF drivers. Right now I say no. And I doubt very seriously Jarrett would be there without his championship.

But if Davey doesn't die, I don't think Dale ever wins a title either. That team was strong and challenging for the top every season, Dale taking over was the perfect fit for him and the team. I was a DJ fan too. If Jr wins a Title he'll be on par with DJ's career plus Jr does have two Busch Titles also.

Edited by Jumper_Dad

He didn't struggle? Pretty sure he had to deal with his father's death at their favorite track. That is something almost impossible to get over.

• 2 weeks later...
3 races and 3 top 2 finishes guess that is average! :D

What's impressed me most is he has almost won the last two weeks at tracks he has typically struggled at over the years. I'm hoping this is a sign he is ready to go over the top and hoist the trophy this year, the team seems to be clicking on all cylinders.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...