Track the NL Central Champion Reds (Memorial Day Weekend)

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cards thumping Colorado 9-3 in the 7th.

From MLB Network-"Tony Larussa who doesn't like this ballpark to begin with, complained that the groundskeeper has different size mounds in the bullpen than on the actual field." Larussa complaining about Coors...

Think he'll make his way up the ladder?

I actually do think he has the potential to stick with the club...He is 6'4" and gets nasty movement on his changeup and is working on a breaking ball because he has primarily been a fastball changeup guy...

I was thinking about the Reds LF situation and for some reason Willy Mo Pena popped in my mind...He played independent ball last year for the Portland Bluefish, but the D Backs signed him to a Minor League deal in the offseason...He is hitting. 375 with 15 Hrs and 42 Rbis so far at AAA, I have to wonder how before he gets called up to the surging D Backs and inserted into LF or 1B or traded...

Reds purchased the contract of Horst, Thompson back to Double A...

I'm confused. This guy was drafted by the Reds in the 21st rd in the 2007 MLB June amateur draft and was at Louisville last year and this year. So what exactly does it mean that they purchased the contract? That was a term that they used in the old days when minor league teams were independent but today MLB clubs own their minor league teams. I'm assuming this has something to do with the 40 man roster?

I'm confused. This guy was drafted by the Reds in the 21st rd in the 2007 MLB June amateur draft and was at Louisville last year and this year. So what exactly does it mean that they purchased the contract? That was a term that they used in the old days when minor league teams were independent but today MLB clubs own their minor league teams. I'm assuming this has something to do with the 40 man roster?

I have no idea that's just how it was worded by I think Fay...But I am pretty sure he had to be added to the 40...

I was thinking about the Reds LF situation and for some reason Willy Mo Pena popped in my mind...He played independent ball last year for the Portland Bluefish, but the D Backs signed him to a Minor League deal in the offseason...He is hitting. 375 with 15 Hrs and 42 Rbis so far at AAA, I have to wonder how before he gets called up to the surging D Backs and inserted into LF or 1B or traded...

Champ Summers suddenly comes to mind.

Drew Stubbs cf

Brandon Phillips 2b

Jay Votto 1b

Scott Rolen 3b

Jay Bruce rf

Jonny Gomes lf

Edgar Renteria ss

Ryan Hanigan c

Bronson Arroyo p

vs. RHP Derek Lowe

It’s the first start for Gomes in a week. He’s 3-for-6 with a home run against Lowe.

Who strikes out more tonight Gomes or Stubbs?

Stubbs he has been slumping but its really a toss up...Lewis looked good last night and Stubbs hasn't had an off day in forever it seems like, I think Lewis in CF would have been a good move tonight if Gomes was going to be in left...How are any of our LF options gonna find a rythym if they are in and out of the lineup everyday?