Micah Johnson Is Mr. Football 2005

knnal

That's exactly what I was trying to point out.....he didn't commit although reports were appearing everywhere that he did. So if anyone says that he's backing out, it wouldn't be so because HE didn't commit. I am saying that it sort of looks like there's some media savvy folks behind some of this.

:thumb:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

That's exactly what I was trying to point out.....he didn't commit although reports were appearing everywhere that he did. So if anyone says that he's backing out, it wouldn't be so because HE didn't commit. I am saying that it sort of looks like there's some media savvy folks behind some of this.

I believe that's what gamer's saying as well, just a different motive.

I believe that's what gamer's saying as well, just a different motive.

Gamer said he thought Burke should win. I don't know who should have won....they are both deserving. What I think is that there are some people behind Johnson that have played this very smart in order to get a lot of publicity.

I would also like to congratulate Justin Burke on arguably the best season as a QB in the history of KY High School Football! He will go down as one of the best High School players ever. It could be argued that he is the best ever to play the position. If you are going to argue the best ever it would be with Couch and Brohm which is pretty good company to be in. That's sacred ground to the KY High School Football fan! He is a team guy and I hope he brings home the big prize Sat for his team.

Publicity or not, Johnson is one fantastic football player, and we all should be proud that he represents Kentucky high school football. He is be an incredible asset no matter where he ends up in college.

:thumb:Anytime one of our boys does well, especially as well as Johnson, it makes the quality of football in the state look good!

Let me say again.....I was NOT trying to get into the "who should have won" thing, but pointing out that it was a good marketing strategy

I don't think anyone is disputing the fact that Burke is worthy of this award. He is one of the state's all-time great QBs, but the fact remains that Micah Johnson is the best football player in the state of KY this year.

On any year there isn't a Brohm, Couch, D. Johnson, M. Johnson, or a Michael Bush caliber player in the state, Burke wins the award hands down. Unfortunate for him, Micah Johnson is probably the best football player on the list above.

It was a 2 man race from midseason on. If you look at how they are ranked, Johnson is one of the best in the country. Burke is amazing. They are both deserving, but only 1 could win it. Both will be successful in college, but the primary difference IMHO is that Johnson is an impact player on both sides of the football.

Congrats to him on winning this award!

Publicity or not, Johnson is one fantastic football player, and we all should be proud that he represents Kentucky high school football. He is be an incredible asset no matter where he ends up in college.

The problem is that the Media thinks this line reads "represents Kentucky College football." There's a difference.

gamer31... please specify what you mean by "represents Kentucky College football." Do you mean to say because Burke committed to NC State and not UK or UofL, whereas Johnson did committ to UK, Burke didnt win and thats why Johnson did? If thats what you are saying then that doesnt hold. There have been plenty of kids who win the Mr. Football award that didnt attend UK. I dont think much changes even if Johnson commits to any number of the D1 schools recruiting him. I dont mean to start anything, just want to clarify what you mean.

If you mean that because Johnson was a bigger college recruit then Burke he won the award over Burke, then I will give you that. Im sure college potential plays into the decision, considering that in MOST (not all, and maybe not in this case, im not sure) cases if you are a greater college recruit you are probably a better HS player then those who arent. Not saying that no other factors factor in to Johnson winning the award, but this is just one factor. Im sure the fact that Johnson plays BOTH ways, and contributes big time BOTH ways, makes a big difference. The award does go to the best PLAYER, not the best qb, or any other specific position.

Micah Johnson sure would have looked good on that Louisville defense. Wow with the team louisville has could you imagine him as middle linebacker next year.

Congratulation and it is good to see that positions other that Quarterback have a chance at winning this award. Well earned.

Wasn't there a crieteria posted last year on what Mr Football was supposed to be comprised of or is there not a criteria? Is it a one year award or carrear award? Seems like we've been down this road before on here. If there is a link can somebody find it.

Micah Johnson would have won if he were going to Louisville, Tennessee, Virginia Tech or anywhere else in the country.

The fact is he had a lot of preseason national hype, had a great junior season and did everything - except get to the state finals - as a senior. I saw the kid on some film and he's a stud.

He was the best overall player in the state of Kentucky, in my opinion. He might not have had the best senior season, but he's the best player and will prove that at the next level. I say that and I absoultely LOVE Justin Burke. I look for him to push for the starting spot at N.C. State next year.

What some people don't realize is this is a good problem to have all this debate about Mr. Football. It's not anybody's fault. It's us on here bickering about stud football players. I remember when football in the state of Kentucky didn't have one kid that deserved Mr. Football!

Lets say congrats to Micah and all the finalists. Honestly, all five were great kids and had great careers!

On a side note, I do find it funny that Mr. Football goes to a school that isn't even located in Kentucky. The school is actually just across the state line in Tennessee from what I have been told. :D

Mr. Football should go to the best senior football player in the state, period. Why are people holding the fact that LexCath is in the finals and Ft. Campbell isn't against Johnson??? Last time I checked, Johnson is only one guy playing a sport with 22 starting positions in it. Plus, he plays both ways (something that Burke doesn't do at LC, to the best of my knowledge).

Is anyone going to sit here and tell me that Burke doesn't have a much better supporting cast than Johnson does???

Finally, someone wrote earlier that LC could not win without Burke this year. For the HHS game at least, Burke was not the reason LC won the game. In fact, I think he only had one TD pass in the game. LC's defense, which Burke does not play on (at least I don't think he does), won that game and thus the team's first regional title, not Burke.

If anything, the skill position players like QB, RB, and WR win this award WAY TOO MUCH, in my opinion. It's nice to see that the voters showed some football savvy when they didn't just knee-jerk reflexively vote for the best passer or runner in the state, which is what usually happens.