May 11, 201115 yr This video was on KSR, but I thought it was appropriate here. I know Kentucky came close as is, but its tough to see stuff like this knowing what he could have done for UK this past season. And yes I still remember getting called out for my claim that Kanter was as good if not better than Cousins and for saying he would have a better pro career than Cousins. Some of you tried to run me off the board for saying that but like my friend told me (who got to see inside UK practices last season and this season) Kanter was the most impressive player he had seen outside of Wall. I watched a KSTV interview with Harellson the other day and they were asking Jorts who the best player he had seen while at Kentucky and he said Enes, even said he was better than Wall. His reasoning was Wall didn't have a jumper and Enes could do everything, including shoot the basketball. He sure shoots it good in this video, oh what might have been. :cry:
May 11, 201115 yr Author Not often do you see big men that skilled and agile, especially with his size. He would have been tough to tame down low at the college level, just utter domination IMO. I love all the heart and effort Jorts showed but I think Kanter could have done some big things.
May 12, 201115 yr It is really unfortunate that Kanter was unable to play this year, he certainly would have been fun to watch and would have drawn all kinds of national attention to himself. I wish him the best in the NBA and he might quickly become my favorite player (now that Ray Allen's career is slowly coming to an end). I really hope he gets drafted somewhere like Washington. I'll probably make the Wizards my unofficial favorite team.
May 12, 201115 yr I'm still trying to figure out how Kanter was ruled ineligible, yet if he failed classes it would count against UK's APR and result in UK being penalized....Yeah, that makes a ton of sense. :idunno:
May 12, 201115 yr He's got a sweet stroke for a big man. I'm looking forward to seeing how he does in the NBA. I sure would have liked to see him play for the Cats.
May 12, 201115 yr I'm still trying to figure out how Kanter was ruled ineligible, yet if he failed classes it would count against UK's APR and result in UK being penalized....Yeah, that makes a ton of sense. :idunno:Probably because he was on scholarship ... you can be on scholarship and still be ineligble to play.
May 12, 201115 yr Kanter is extemely talented and should be a great player in the NBA. I would have loved to have seen him play for UK this season. They would have title number 8 for sure imo. It still burns me that this young man played a total of 20 minutes for a Turkish league when he was between the ages of 14-16 and is labled a "pro". His case was unusual circumstances and the NCAA should have been more understanding in their ruling. I still believe if he had signed with most any other school the NCAA would have made him sat out a few games and paid the money back to the Turkish team. Emmert wasn't going to let that happen though. His hatred for Cal and UK is off the charts.
May 12, 201115 yr He's got a sweet stroke for a big man I was told late last week he was 13/25 from the three. The NCAA folded with his Turkish club team, and now it;s a joke over in Europe, the first think some clubs are telling kids over there is they will prevent them from coming over, and "Look what happened to Kanter!" I know for a fact one club team mentioned that to a kid over there last month, even though most of these kids would be able to play, they are worried and scared of how their club would lie and try and prevent them from playing, and they are not sure about coming over and not being 100% that they wil be ok to play.
May 12, 201115 yr I'm not making a comparison between the two players, but remember that Josh Carrier had a "workout" that widely contributed to his being offered by Kentucky.
May 12, 201115 yr Author I'm not making a comparison between the two players, but remember that Josh Carrier had a "workout" that widely contributed to his being offered by Kentucky. Don't want to discredit you but big difference in Kanter and Josh Carrier. I know you said not making the comparison and I know you basically mean anybody can have one good workout. BUT, Kanter is for real. The skills he has at that size are NBA quality, no doubt about it. He is very impressive IMO.
May 12, 201115 yr Don't want to discredit you but big difference in Kanter and Josh Carrier. I know you said not making the comparison and I know you basically mean anybody can have one good workout. BUT, Kanter is for real. The skills he has at that size are NBA quality, no doubt about it. He is very impressive IMO.That's exactly why I'm not making the comparison, because Kanter has already proven he can play at a much higher level than Carrier ever did. Still, this is edited video footage ... how many missed shots were left on the cutting room floor? And impressive workout footage doesn't an NBA player make.
May 12, 201115 yr That's exactly why I'm not making the comparison, because Kanter has already proven he can play at a much higher level than Carrier ever did. Still, this is edited video footage ... how many missed shots were left on the cutting room floor? And impressive workout footage doesn't an NBA player make. That's fine. I'll go with the glass if half full, not half empty. But that just me I guess. Kanter is a very good ball player, period.
May 12, 201115 yr That's exactly why I'm not making the comparison, because Kanter has already proven he can play at a much higher level than Carrier ever did. Still, this is edited video footage ... how many missed shots were left on the cutting room floor? And impressive workout footage doesn't an NBA player make. Tweet from Chadfordinsider (ESPN Draft Insider Chad Ford): "Kanter looked great. Tough. Great shooter. Skilled. Showed some leaping ability. In great shape. Feeling good about our Top 3 projection."
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.