Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Oh What Might Have Been....

Featured Replies

  • Author
Still, this is edited video footage ... how many missed shots were left on the cutting room floor? .

 

A lot of shots were probably missed and I take that into consideration any time I see a mixtape, especially of a workout video. But you can just tell even from that tape that Kanter is an untamed beast. There is one point in there in which he hits three straight threes without the camera ever cutting away and that was not edited so to me that's impressive for a big guy. I used to play quite a bit and with quite a few guys who were good ball players who played college basketball and still only few could go on big streaks from outside and hit a string of consecutive threes. With what Kanter showed in that video, edited to look good or not, he has game, no doubt about it. Very skilled to be his size, its a shame we never got to see what he could do for the Big Blue.

There is no doubt that Kanter has talent and potential, but still ... it was a workout and not game-style competition, with someone defending him. For NBA teams, I would think tape of his play in Europe is still much more relevant.

Sure misses were cut out, but that doesn't change how good his form looked when shooting those shots. I'm impressed.

There is no doubt that Kanter has talent and potential, but still ... it was a workout and not game-style competition, with someone defending him. For NBA teams, I would think tape of his play in Europe is still much more relevant.

 

I don't think anyone is saying that he should be drafted because of this video?

Dola, my problem with Kanter has always been many have annointed him, few have seen him play. And none have seen him in an NCAA tourney environment or NBA game environment. He looks good, but until I see him play a few games I won't believe the hype. The NBA scouts obviously love him though so there has to be something about his game. But its always tough until the player gets in the game situations.

  • Author
Dola, my problem with Kanter has always been many have annointed him, few have seen him play. And none have seen him in an NCAA tourney environment or NBA game environment. He looks good, but until I see him play a few games I won't believe the hype. The NBA scouts obviously love him though so there has to be something about his game. But its always tough until the player gets in the game situations.

 

Only reason I have always felt so strongly about it is because I trust my buddy and his basketball opinion, if not I would more than likely have some doubts as well. With that said, and everything I have said about Kanter in the past taken into consideration, I don't think he's going to show up and just start dominating in the NBA. That just doesn't really happen that much for post players, it normally takes a few years to season and get settled in. Take Kevin Love for example, he was one of the most skilled big men to come out in a while and it took him until this year to have what you would call a break out year. So although I have anointed Kanter and proclaimed he will be a great pro player, I will admit it will take him a few years before he really starts to leave his mark and that is to be expected.

I've been wanting to do this for some time, but I'm gonna' go ahead and call Enes for Rookie of the Year in 2011-12.

I've been wanting to do this for some time, but I'm gonna' go ahead and call Enes for Rookie of the Year in 2011-12.

 

I'll second that.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.