Don Daniel out at Somerset

You know I thought about posting something constructive. Figured some people may not look at it that way so I will keep my thoughts to myself. I wish SHS good luck and just hope they give the next coach a time to build a program.

Edited by gold sunrise
Rule #13

If Somerset was smart they would look to one of their own in Jordan Mann!! He would bring back the excitement to the "Jumper" program.

I second that motion. Jordan was a great player at Somerset and has been an assistant to Coach Thacker, who, whether people want to admit it or not, had a pretty good amount of success in the Briar Patch. A young, energetic coach who is familiar with the school and community could give this program a good boost.

I think Coach Mann would be an excellent choice... However if the Somerset faithful are not willing to be patient with the rebuilding of the program, Coach Mann is better off where he is...

1. I was in Somerset today. I am hearing some interesting things that start with Coach Cothron being the front runner. It will be very interesting to see who his assistants are, and what changes are created county wide by the decision.

2. There was an article in the Commonwealth Journal that seemed to blame Coach Daniel for the changes that happened at Somerset in the past couple of years. I am sure as a head coach, Coach Daniel, does not have a problem taking responsibility for what he is in control of which includes the wins and losses. I think it is unfair to blame him for the athletes changing schools or not playing. It certainly is not his fault that Gover and Townsend left, he just happened to be the coach that had to deal with those loses in back to back years.