Don Daniel out at Somerset

1. I was in Somerset today. I am hearing some interesting things that start with Coach Cothron being the front runner. It will be very interesting to see who his assistants are, and what changes are created county wide by the decision.

2. There was an article in the Commonwealth Journal that seemed to blame Coach Daniel for the changes that happened at Somerset in the past couple of years. I am sure as a head coach, Coach Daniel, does not have a problem taking responsibility for what he is in control of which includes the wins and losses. I think it is unfair to blame him for the athletes changing schools or not playing. It certainly is not his fault that Gover and Townsend left, he just happened to be the coach that had to deal with those loses in back to back years.

I agree good night you can't blame two kids on why the program did not succeed. High School coaches have to coach what they got. It did not work out for him but he is good man and will have a shot somewhere. Somerset is a great school and has great support whoever comes in will have the resources they need.

Newspaper in Somerset today stated that Daniels said that he was indeed STILL the coach of the Briar Jumpers. Had meeting with Interim Supt and AD and agreement was reached for him to stay, according to the Commonwealth Journal

Goldie I have very good sources. :thumb: Things can change, but what I am hearing is that he will be the coach next year.

Thanks and I value your oppinion.

Newspaper in Somerset today stated that Daniels said that he was indeed STILL the coach of the Briar Jumpers. Had meeting with Interim Supt and AD and agreement was reached for him to stay, according to the Commonwealth Journal

Could you give us a link and I will then close this thread....thanks.