Rondo Injury

Thought it was kinda funny how that guy in the clip Clyde posted called him Rondo Reed.

For the youngsters the "Reed" reference is to Willis Reed who in about 1970 had a really bad knee injury and came out of the lockerroom right at the start of the game (or early in it) and then led the NYK to a victory. You'll hear it anytime you see a player return from an injury.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Real talk, Rondo is a man. I remember when Wade's shoulder popped out and he cried and cried and was wheeled off the court in a wheelchair.(wuss.....) I can also only imagine what Paul Pierce would have done. Ambulance probably would have came on the court and they'd probably put a neck stabilizing brace in him but anyways..

You beat to it. PP would have had his mom , wife, and girlfriend at his side with a doctor running vitals.

Ronda sacked up.

For the youngsters the "Reed" reference is to Willis Reed who in about 1970 had a really bad knee injury and came out of the lockerroom right at the start of the game (or early in it) and then led the NYK to a victory. You'll hear it anytime you see a player return from an injury.

He didn't actually lead them to victory but he did score the first four points of the game, his only points, which set the tone.

All these posts about Pierce are making me think back to Madden '93 when the Ambulance would come out on the field and all player in it's way would be tossed aside like the guy doing the Dougie who was hit by Big Worm's ice cream truck.

We're young, not basketball ignorant......:D.

We're young, not basketball ignorant......:D.

I have no doubt that CCC knew that already. However, I bet if I polled 100 NBA fans under 25 years old less than 1/3 would have any clue and I'm being generous.

All these posts about Pierce are making me think back to Madden '93 when the Ambulance would come out on the field and all player in it's way would be tossed aside like the guy doing the Dougie who was hit by Big Worm's ice cream truck.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

That ambulance was the greatest. They need to bring it back. It was always funny when the ambulance rolled onto the field. Never got old.

I thought it was pretty cool, Im calling him Rondo Reed for the rest of the season.