NFL Darft updates:

SSC

Do you all honestly think Palmer would do that? Palmer does not have much leverage here at all, and doesn't have the personality to do that. I mean look the man can't even come out himself and say he doesn't want to play for the Bengals. He has other people say it for him, so I very much doubt he would do that. Yes now that would have been a smart if say someone like Chad did that two years ago, because he would have no problem doing that. However you got to look at the person in this situation, and you can't honestly believe can you that Palmer would do that. If he would come back, he is the type of person who would give 100%. I don't know how you could think otherwise with him. If he can't even come out and say it himselp, there is no way to think he would do that.

I didn't say he would. I asked a question, what if he did?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have no idea how pro athletes or any celebrity will act in any situation. We are led to believe what they want us to believe. We're all making guesses. To answer you though, no I don't think that is his personality. However if he wants to play hardball b/c Mike Brown plays hardball with him I would never put it past him. No matter what anyone thinks, believes or is told turning away from $50M when you feel you have something left in the tank is going to be really difficult.

That is why I honestly think he comes back. I do think he likes playing this game, but like many other Bengal players in the past he just wanted a fresh start. So if training camp starts and looks like Mike Brown really won't trade him, I think he will come in and decide to play. Which if he did, I think he would give 100%. If I was the Bengals when I am allowed to talk to him, I would say we are not trading you this year no matter what. However if you come back this year and give it everything you have. Then next season we will trade you if you still want to be traded. Hoping the Bengals have a good enough season that then he wouldn't want to be traded anymore anyways.

:lol: Can't have an NFL thread without it turning into all things bengals these days. And lately it's been all about Carson Palmer and whether or not he should be traded. I've almost stopped reading NFL threads bc I know what they will turn into.