Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dixie Heights 2012 Goose Cohorn

Featured Replies

  • Replies 34
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to see another NKY player getting some notice.

Goose will have a big year being the primary for Zeke.

 

I think Goose has a shot at playing NAIA.

 

I don't buy the "definitive D1 talent" comment from Clasgens. Not a shot at Goose. I hope he does get a D1 offer. It's a criticism of Clasgens.

Goose will have a big year being the primary for Zeke.

 

I think Goose has a shot at playing NAIA.

 

I don't buy the "definitive D1 talent" comment from Clasgens. Not a shot at Goose. I hope he does get a D1 offer. It's a criticism of Clasgens.

 

I don't know, he has interest from several D1 schools. We will see if gets an offer from one of them.

He will go D1 he is a good player I think he ends up at UK.

He will go D1 he is a good player I think he ends up at UK.

 

Do you think he's better than Ryan Winkler? I know they are two totally different Wrs but RW went to Thomas More which is DIII.

I think it is great for Goose but I personally cannot see an under 6 foot WR playing DI without blazing speed - which he does not have. Best of luck and hoping he stays heatlthy this year.

BTW, I know some fans get sensitive and upset when players are critiqued. As long as it doesn't cross the line (see: Pike, Zeke) then all we're doing is putting our opinions on a board. Those opinions mean nothing (despite what one dad told me when he said that college coaches read BGP and posts that question a skill could hurt the kid).

 

I can't imagine one BGPer who doesn't wish a D1 scholly comes the way of this young man or any other athlete.

 

Keep it in proper perspective.

Keep up the good work Goose.

 

Just remember... the great(est) pleasure in life is doing what others say you can't do.

Playing with one of the best QB's in the country will inflate anyone's stats. Goose is a good player but if he wants to actually play on the field at the next level he will have to choose his school wisely. I don't see UK or UL, Purdue maybe... if he really works hard and waits a few years. He would probably do well at Georgetown.

He is a strong kid with great hands. div 1? not so sure but he will have a great season for sure.

  • Author

I talked to Goose's dad and coach Spritzky at Zeke's conference last week. Not only UK, UL, and Perdue showing interest, EKU, William and Mary, Columbia, Morehead State, Murray State, and some others have shown interest. Perdue and EKU are on him pretty heavy. He evidently has a real high GPA from what I hear. He is constantly training, not just on the field, but also in the weight room and with a reciever from UC that played with Grutza. He has excellent hands, as strong as he is he has no problem getting free off the line. In these national 7 0n 7 competitions, the cornerbacks are up on the line jamming. He has that ability to get free and get open. The top corner in the 2011 class, DeAnthon Thomas out of Crenshaw High was constantly getting beat by Cohorn at the nationals in Alabama last year. And I'm hearing Josh Harris couldn't stop him up in Pittsburgh a few weeks back. No disrespect to Josh or Thomas, who repectively have signed to play at UK, and Thomas, who was the no.5 recruit overall headed on to play at USC. Cohorn has increased his speed from last year, he could play D1 IMO.

Goose is a great kid. He is also a great competitor...just seems to have that extra motivation to give everything he has. Wherever he ends up playing at the next level will be lucky to have him.

It sounds as though he has worked on those things to put himself in position to get some good D1 looks. I wish Goose (Tyler) the best of luck and hope that he stays healthy his senior year.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.