Top junior players in the state this season

tha champ

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Daniel Pugh Paintsville QB, DB

45 TD's this year rushing and passing

He's not the only junior that is impressive for Paintsville. Kyle Sublett is a tough LB that has a nose for the football, lead Paintsville in fumble recoveries this season but missed some games earlier in the season. Shane Cantrell tied Pugh as the INT leader for Paintsville. Shane is a hard hitting DB for the Paintsville secondary. I suspect these two will have some time in the backfield with Pugh next season.

As an overall team Russell is loaded next year too. Juniors like Kasey, Jacob, Nick, Josh just to name a few. This year made our boys play hard- we had great competition in our district and that made them step up.

Our sophomore class is just as loaded, not to mention the size of the kids stepping up next year. BIG SURPRISE COMING BACK HOME TOO. I see some BIG boys stepping up to play next year that will surprise some people. This victory only makes for a better team next year.

I know my boy loves to watch them play and just like nick names he was labeled this year..."Big Show" he beat Kasey in yard rushing but Kasey beat him in TDs, 14 more. My son is in the wieght room right now, getting ready. Gosh I love this game.......

As an overall team Russell is loaded next year too. Juniors like Kasey, Jacob, Nick, Josh just to name a few. This year made our boys play hard- we had great competition in our district and that made them step up.

Our sophomore class is just as loaded, not to mention the size of the kids stepping up next year. BIG SURPRISE COMING BACK HOME TOO. I see some BIG boys stepping up to play next year that will surprise some people. This victory only makes for a better team next year.

I know my boy loves to watch them play and just like nick names he was labeled this year..."Big Show" he beat Kasey in yard rushing but Kasey beat him in TDs, 14 more. My son is in the wieght room right now, getting ready. Gosh I love this game.......

Does your son play for the highschool??

From CCH:

Joe Castenada-DB/KR/PR

Sam Flynn-LB

Kurt Bovard-WR

Pete Sutton-WR- Didn't hear alot about him but he is pretty darn good.

Also, he didn't get much time because of Ellison, but Josh Bleser will be a solid quarterback. With all winter to keep working hard, they'll all be a force next season