USF @ Notre Dame

swamprat

Lou Holtz speaks from heart while addressing Bulls

[ATTACH=CONFIG]34163[/ATTACH]

“If you want the right to fail, you have the right to fail. That’s what’s great about this country. Life is a matter of choices. Choose to do drugs, drop out of school, join a gang, choosing that problem. But you don’t have the right to cause your mother to fail."

“There wasn’t a player there their mother didn’t sacrifice to give them the opportunity. The greatest thing that can happen to their mother is for them to graduate. So, they may want to fail academically, but they don’t have that right because they can’t let their mother down."

“Same thing with the team. No matter how you feel you cannot let your teammates down. If you want to fail you have the right to fail, but you do not have the right to cause other people to fail because you don’t fulfill your commitment."

I love this one. Alot of people laugh at Lou and some that do just don't realize what a coach he was. Gotta love Dr. Lou!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mex and all others, come to the south Joyce Lot. We'll be there tailgating with a bunch of ND fans. Come on over and say "Hi.". We should be easy to find. Just look for this...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]34300[/ATTACH]

We'll be at a house just off campus. My friend and a group rented it just for football season. Not a bad deal.

Mex and all others, come to the south Joyce Lot. We'll be there tailgating with a bunch of ND fans. Come on over and say "Hi.". We should be easy to find. Just look for this...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]34300[/ATTACH]

Try to get there early. Take some time to go into the Joyce center, there is a small museum type area upstairs. Lots of Bowl Trophies, old unifomrs, etc. Worth seeing and good way to kill a half hour before the game.

Too bad the USF game is the first of the year. Notre Dame has a beautiful campus, but come mid to late October with all the fall colors it is amazing.

Try to get there early. Take some time to go into the Joyce center, there is a small museum type area upstairs. Lots of Bowl Trophies, old unifomrs, etc. Worth seeing and good way to kill a half hour before the game.

Too bad the USF game is the first of the year. Notre Dame has a beautiful campus, but come mid to late October with all the fall colors it is amazing.

We plan on doing just that, but it depends on those we are staying with. My daughter has an itinerary of things we must see. We should be there 2.5 to 3 hours before the game. If it were just Mrs. S and me, we'd get there at least 4 hours prior, but we have to coordinate things with others, which, I have found from experience, tends to slow the works up. :D

If you are Catholic, the Grotto is a reverent place amid all the hoopla. It is down the hill and to the left of the administration building. I also think it is worthwhile, especially if you are an Irish fan, to see the band and cheerleaders and those darn leprechauns march to the stadium. They start in front of the administration building (the Golden Dome). It is quite imprerssive IMO. One thing I have observed in attending a few ND games recently is that the fans are there to watch football-----there is very little overt drinking or misbehavior. Listen to the police officer who comes on the PA at the end of the 3rd quarter or so with a witty admonition not to drink and drive. The students seem to get a kick out of that. South Bend really knows how to handle the traffic - in and out - so that should not be a problem.

"Welcome to Notre Dame" as everyone says.

We'll be at a house just off campus. My friend and a group rented it just for football season. Not a bad deal.

Scratch that. We will be starting out at the house and tailgating by the stadium. Not sure if it going to be the Joyce Lot or no. PM me and I'll shoot you my cell phone number.