USF @ Notre Dame

swamprat

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All that way to see a loss?:D On a serious note, you will definetly enjoy it, be sure to get there early so you can make your way to the grotto, touchdown Jesus, and the golden dome. The player walk is also very cool but since your a USF fan it probably it won't intrest you.

All that way to see a loss?:D On a serious note, you will definetly enjoy it, be sure to get there early so you can make your way to the grotto, touchdown Jesus, and the golden dome. The player walk is also very cool but since your a USF fan it probably it won't intrest you.

I would love to see the player walk, but Mrs. S and I are flying into Indy and coming up Saturday morning with family. We'll be tailgating in the Joyce lot next to the stadium with them. It will depend on them. However, my daughter and her boyfriend, a big ND fan, will be staying in South Bend and attending the pep rally and festivities the night before the game. They go to at least one game every year. I love my daughter. One reason is that every ND game she has attended, they've lost, including Tulsa last year. Every USF road game she's attended has been a Bulls victory. Just sayin'. :D

I'm fully aware that Kelly has never lost to USF (3 wins while at Cincinnati), though he faced Jim Leavitt teams, not ones coached by Skip Holtz, and he is not going to let the Irish under estimate the Bulls. Speaking of the Holtz factor, this will be the first time Skip has set foot in that stadium since he played and coached there. Hmmmm????

Win or lose, I support my Bulls, so I will approach this game like I do all games, hoping for a win, but not expecting it. That approach has brought me great pleasure from this sport. I don't plan on changing now. Besides, every college football fan should attend at least one game in Notre Dame Stadium in their lifetime. This is my opportunity.

• 2 weeks later...
Probably how he will root for USF in every game, besides the first one.:D

Last Wednesday, Dick Vitale was given a Lifetime Achievement Award by the Tampa Bay Sports Commission. All of the area sports muckety mucks were there, owners of the Buc, Rays, and Lightning, Buc head coach Raheem Morris, Tino Martinez, Gary Sheffield, yada, yada, ..., and Skip Holtz.

I heard this bit on the radio the next morning, so please note that I am going from memory. Dick was cutting up with Skip during his acceptance speech ...

"You guys are opening up against Notre Dame, baby!". "Cupcake city!", "Knowing your mother, I have a feeling your old man will be picking you guys in this one, or he may not be welcome at home any more." :D

I've been trying to find a link to the speech, but have not been successful thus far.

Last Wednesday, Dick Vitale was given a Lifetime Achievement Award by the Tampa Bay Sports Commission. All of the area sports muckety mucks were there, owners of the Buc, Rays, and Lightning, Buc head coach Raheem Morris, Tino Martinez, Gary Sheffield, yada, yada, ..., and Skip Holtz.

I heard this bit on the radio the next morning, so please note that I am going from memory. Dick was cutting up with Skip during his acceptance speech ...

"You guys are opening up against Notre Dame, baby!". "Cupcake city!", "Knowing your mother, I have a feeling your old man will be picking you guys in this one, or he may not be welcome at home any more." :D

I've been trying to find a link to the speech, but have not been successful thus far.

Until there is a link I'll never believe it.:D

• 2 weeks later...