Eastern 65 George Rogers Clark 50

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure did. I think their length contributed some to such low shooting percentages.

It think overall Easters shooting percentage had to be 35% higher than GRC's.

Eastern play awesome - this cannot be disputed.

It's very easy to get on here and knock kids as some of you do especially under a site user name. I think that Clark Co has had a very good year in playing some of the best teams in the state and some of the best in the country. With a record of 30-6, that's not too bad. They did have a very bad shooting night and you have to attribute that to a very good defensive team. Clark played even after the first quarter. The 1-3-1 defense didn't help things either, giving their guards some open shots and the score was 18-4 before that was changed.. I believe offenses should have a lot of screens and Clark's doesnt, it's just a dribble and drive type of thing. Stenzel, Daniels, Purvis, Zollo ,Rogers and Bopper Stenzel, all have had some big games this season. The point guard is the best Clark has had in the past 4 years. I'm sorry that this has dissapointed some of you people who aren't Clark's fans to start with. Your negative remarks doesn't help anything.

Edited by The Old Bull Dog

I was amazed at the student turnout for Eastern. I saw in anther thread that they are a school of 2300, and they had nearly 2000 students at the game. It looked like they had even more than that at this game. They were awesome.

Thier Student section was awesome. They (by far) desever the best student section prize of the tourney.

Great run over the last few years from the Clark County kids. This has been Eastern's tournament to win the last two years. They are the best team and they proved it today.

Thanks FatNate, The Clark Co fans on here are very proud of these boys. One game should not degrate the season these kids have had as others has posted. I agree that Eastern is the best team in the state. I wish them nothing but the best the rest of the tourney. Got to know some of them this past summer when they played AAU ball with Stenzel, great kids.

Congrats to the Easten Team and coaching staff on the win. You proved you are the best team in the state. You should be cutting down the nets tonight.

Was looking for your posts when we won the 10th region. That would have been a great time to post don't you think?

Here's the post I made in the Clark-Pendleton 10th Region thread:

Congrats to the Cardinals on the title. Looked to me like once Mason County got knocked out by Pendleton, the monkey was lifted off the collective backs of the GRC players and staff. They played with confidence in the semis and the finals.

I am certain that the Cards will represent the 10th well at Rupp.
thumb[1].gif

Not making any predictions, but there's nothing like what a state title does for a small community; especially that first one. Eight years later and they're still talking about Lofton & Company in and around Maysville. Maybe Winchester will get to experience the same thing!

But, I'll say it again. Congratulations to Clark County on winning the 10th Region title, and Congratulations on a nice season.:thumb:

Better to be "steamrolled" than to be sitting in the stands watching somebody else get "steamrolled." :sssh:

Agree 1000%. To paraphrase a famous axiom, 'tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.:D

Any stats from this one?

Here is what was in our paper today:

http://www.centralkynews.com/winchestersun/sports/grc/ws-grcs-sweet-sixteen-run-ends-with-loss-to-louisville-eastern-in-the-second-round-20110318,0,1931201.story

Eastern 19 09 20 17 - 65

Clark 04 11 15 20 - 50

EASTERN (33-2) – Gaines 17, Marks 9, Woods 12, Abell 13, Sanford 4, Taylor 7, Corley 2, Blade 1.

CLARK (30-6) – Zollo 12, Rogers 19, Daniel 2, Stenzel 12, Purvis 5.

The Cardinals won 21 of their last 23 games and closed the season at 30-6. Clark had a nine-game losing streak snapped and bid farewell to the team’s eight seniors, including Corey Rogers, who led the Cards with 19 points. Rogers scored 45 points in the tournament.

Clark made just one field goal on 10 attempts from the field in the first eight minutes and shot just 14 percent from the field in the opening half. The Cardinals failed to make a 3-pointer in the first three quarters, but connected on four during the last quarter, with Stenzel and Vinny Zollo combing for two treys each. The Cardinals shot just 32 percent from the field, including a paltry 13.4 percent clip in the opening half, but had a hard time matching up with the Eagles on the offensive and defensive glass. Eastern outrebounded the Clark 21-12 in the opening half and finished with a 37-27 edge.

Pictures from the game:

Here's the post I made in the Clark-Pendleton 10th Region thread:

Congrats to the Cardinals on the title. Looked to me like once Mason County got knocked out by Pendleton, the monkey was lifted off the collective backs of the GRC players and staff. They played with confidence in the semis and the finals.

I am certain that the Cards will represent the 10th well at Rupp.
thumb[1].gif

Not making any predictions, but there's nothing like what a state title does for a small community; especially that first one. Eight years later and they're still talking about Lofton & Company in and around Maysville. Maybe Winchester will get to experience the same thing!

But, I'll say it again. Congratulations to Clark County on winning the 10th Region title, and Congratulations on a nice season.:thumb:

This is the thread I was talking about:

Congratulations Clark County 10th region Champs

http://www.bluegrasspreps.com/showthread.php?217331-Congratulations-Clark-County-10th-region-Champs