Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

College basketball experts

Featured Replies

All I've heard all week was Oakland, Utah St, Belmont, Old Dominon, etc. None of them have won. None of them picked Morehead.

I heard a lot of the same.

 

More interesting to me was all the talk about how watered down the college game has become. No great teams anymore, overall level of play on a steep downhill slide.

Let's be fair. Even with yesterday's result 99% of them STILL wouldn't pick MSU against UL in a rematch.

 

I wouldn't.

I know people hate him, but Matt Jones called Morehead over UL this week. Gregg Doyle did too.

 

But I see your point, Koun Dog. And I wonder if sometimes that hype keeps the favorite team from overlooking the Oaklands and Utah States of this world.

Did Matt know that Preston would get hurt and go out with a eight point lead, and not return?

Did Matt know that Preston would get hurt and go out with a eight point lead, and not return?

 

I doubt it. But as I said in another thread, Preston was on the floor the whole time when Morehead was up 15-2.

Thats true, but they were up eight when he got hurt. Also they tied it at the half. When I play ping pong I wait until I'm down quite a bit before I come back, just wanted to throw that in.

  • Author
I know people hate him, but Matt Jones called Morehead over UL this week. Gregg Doyle did too.

 

But I see your point, Koun Dog. And I wonder if sometimes that hype keeps the favorite team from overlooking the Oaklands and Utah States of this world.

 

For the record I like Matt Jones

 

I think your last statement has a lot of validity. Oakland, Utah St, ODU, and Bellmonte were popular picks. I think it does cause the opponent to focus.

The only reason most of these guys are "experts" is because they are getting paychecks from the major sports entities. Given they have put in the work and grinded it out to get there, it really boils down to them just giving their opinion. Any educated sports observer could be an expert if they got paid, its just a matter of opinion and a matter of having someone tout you as an expert.

^ Look.....I think our very own GT is equally if not, MORE qualified than most of the clowns that are shoved down our throats....that's why I don't "listen" to them often....hate them or not...the two "experts" I often rely on, are Jay Bilas and Dan Pugh

^ Look.....I think our very own GT is equally if not, MORE qualified than most of the clowns that are shoved down our throats....that's why I don't "listen" to them often....hate them or not...the two "experts" I often rely on, are Jay Bilas and Dan Pugh

 

I agree 100%.

 

 

 

I have been saying for years now the only thing that makes the guys on tv experts is the fact they get paid to give their opinion. Has nothing to do with how much they really know or how good they are at predicting certain things.

^ Look.....I think our very own GT is equally if not, MORE qualified than most of the clowns that are shoved down our throats....that's why I don't "listen" to them often....hate them or not...the two "experts" I often rely on, are Jay Bilas and Dan Pugh

 

If I had a quarter for every time I started a sentence with, "Gametime said..."

If I had a quarter for every time I started a sentence with, "Gametime said..."

 

You'd have change for a dollar... :lol:

You'd have change for a dollar... :lol:

 

Well done!

 

Seriously, people are sick of hearing about you.

Seriously, people are sick of hearing about you.

 

Your friends and my family have a lot in common... :lol:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.