Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

College basketball experts

Featured Replies

Your friends and my family have a lot in common... :lol:

 

Keep that recruiting info coming & I don't give a flyin' flip what people think about you! :lol::thumb:

GT is money in regards to college basketball...I don't even try to debate anymore.

Charlie Sheen had Morehead St in his bracket. Winning !

GT is money in regards to college basketball...I don't even try to debate anymore.

 

:thumb:

 

I just listen...or in this case, read.

 

Anytime something big, or something that specifically interests me is going down, I get on BGP to see if GT has chimed in on it. If he has, that's what I go with regardless of what I hear or see elsewhere.

 

As for the thread topic, I think it is a self-defeating prophecy. These analysts all jump on the same 4-5 "cinderellas". Well, at that point, are they still sleepers? Everyone is picking them. I think the big school opponents draw motivation from that. So, when a bunch of experts pick Oakland, Belmont or whoever, I believe it ends up motivating the majors. You get an up-and-down, but talented, Texas team playing to prove everyone wrong and odds are they win because the talent gap is usually pretty big.

 

Then of course, the upset comes from left field, like Morehead State, because guess what. Nobody picked them and U of L wasn't playing with a chip on its shoulder or something to prove.

 

That's my theory on this.

What I find telling, is of the ESPN analysts, only Digger Phelps is still alive and we're just at the sweet 16. Pitt messed up a lot of these guys.

 

My sister's dog picked her bracket and she's still alive. Daisy picked FSU, Arizona, UK, and Wisconsin to go the final four. Wouldn't it be a hoot if an overgrown Rot-Lab mix beat Digger? BTW - She she has FSU and Arizona in the Finals and picked Arizona to win it all. Sis says I'm nuts, but I think when Daisy ate "Wooden on Leadership" she learned something. :D

I also heard the experts saying Richmond was good. Last year everyone was on Cornell. The experts are better than the people selecting teams and seeds

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.