Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The 10 most Underated players in KY this season.....Your Opinion.

Featured Replies

1.Dan Penick-Ludlow

2.Jamarr White-Shelby Co.

3.Andrew Howard-O-Cath

4.Dale Easley-Jeffersontown

5.Michael Bottems-Mercer County

6.Darius Baughman-Danville

7.Shanade Allen-North Laurel

8.Alex Williams-Letcher

9.Matt Thomas-Ashland

10.Shane Grimm-Paintsville

  • Replies 49
  • Views 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drew McDavid-Ashland

Jonathan Vanhoose -Russell

 

And Antonio Owens will probably be the best player you've never heard of this season. I believe he dropped around 40 against Huntington High.

I don't know about Penick at #1, seems to be a bit overrated from everything I've read. I'd like to see him play before I make an assumptions but he's been hyped up pretty good for the past two seasons. I hope he has a dominating year for the Panthers.

Alex Curry is pretty underated from Nky. The kid can has some great hops and a nice mid range jumper and he wasnt even mentioned on the top 15 list in the 9th region preview.

Shane Grimm - Paintsville

  • Author
Shane Grimm - Paintsville

Should be a top 3-5 player in the region and the second best player on the paintsville Squad behind All-State Soph. Landon Slone, IMO a top 10 Soph in kentucky and wasn't even rated as on of the top ten plaers in some of the pre-season polls...he was robbed eventhough everyone in the 15th knows his name/Game...he was rated #11 in the BGP ratings, best shooter in the region, will earn a scholarship after high school at a respected college program, Maybe not as big as Slone, but along wit Mr. Slone, a backcourt that will be great for Baskeball fans to enjoy in the Mountains..

Kevin Allen and Matt Spencer from North Oldham. Alex Buckler could be too. They are under the radar but I saw them picked #2 in the Region somewhere the other day. I think it was the Lexington Herald. They should have a nice season!

1.Dan Penick-Ludlow

2.Jamarr White-Shelby Co.

3.Andrew Howard-O-Cath

4.Dale Easley-Jeffersontown

5.Michael Bottems-Mercer County

6.Darius Baughman-Danville

7.Shanade Allen-North Laurel

8.Alex Williams-Letcher

9.Matt Thomas-Ashland

10.Shane Grimm-Paintsville

 

Mark it down right now. Aaron Miller(HC) will be at the top of this list at the end of the season.

Penick is a solid player, but lacks energy from what i saw last year. By energy i mean when his team got down, or went into a tough game (Rd 1 Districts last year) he just walked down the floor and didn't help his team back in the game.

I honestly believe that both Daniel Day and Quentin Morgan are both underated in the state of KY. I believe either of the two should have got the #1 spot in the 14th Region Rankings. I also believe them being overlooked in the Lexington Hearld's Top 25 players will motivate them greatly. Both of these kids averaged 17 ppg and 8 rpg last season on a regional runner-up team full of underclassmen. I may be biased being from Leslie but thats just my opinion.

 

Also another player who I believe is one of the top point guards in Eastern Kentucky who has recieved some credit but will be better known at the end of the year is Hazards Justin Hicks. The kid can play.

I honestly believe that both Daniel Day and Quentin Morgan are both underated in the state of KY. I believe either of the two should have got the #1 spot in the 14th Region Rankings. I also believe them being overlooked in the Lexington Hearld's Top 25 players will motivate them greatly. Both of these kids averaged 17 ppg and 8 rpg last season on a regional runner-up team full of underclassmen. I may be biased being from Leslie but thats just my opinion.

 

Also another player who I believe is one of the top point guards in Eastern Kentucky who has recieved some credit but will be better known at the end of the year is Hazards Justin Hicks. The kid can play.

 

I agree on all 3 players mentioned

Should be a top 3-5 player in the region and the second best player on the paintsville Squad behind All-State Soph. Landon Slone, IMO a top 10 Soph in kentucky and wasn't even rated as on of the top ten plaers in some of the pre-season polls...he was robbed eventhough everyone in the 15th knows his name/Game...he was rated #11 in the BGP ratings, best shooter in the region, will earn a scholarship after high school at a respected college program, Maybe not as big as Slone, but along wit Mr. Slone, a backcourt that will be great for Baskeball fans to enjoy in the Mountains..

 

I heard he doesn't even start this year? :confused:

  • Author
I heard he doesn't even start this year? :confused:

I'm almost positive he starts, he was one of the key players on Paintsvilles team last season, and probabily thir second best player this season behind Slone. I f he dosen't then there is something more going on at Paintville that I'm un aware of.

1.Dan Penick-Ludlow

2.Jamarr White-Shelby Co.

3.Andrew Howard-O-Cath

4.Dale Easley-Jeffersontown

5.Michael Bottems-Mercer County

6.Darius Baughman-Danville

7.Shanade Allen-North Laurel

8.Alex Williams-Letcher

9.Matt Thomas-Ashland

10.Shane Grimm-Paintsville

Dan Penick was ranked the #4 best player by the coaches in the NKY pre-season top ten. How is that underrated? He also has signed to play at a D-1 school if I heard correctly. Underrated kids don't get that kind of attention. I am a big Penick fan and wish him a fantastic season, but there is no way he is underrated.

  • Author
Dan Penick was ranked the #4 best player by the coaches in the NKY pre-season top ten. How is that underrated? He also has signed to play at a D-1 school if I heard correctly. Underrated kids don't get that kind of attention. I am a big Penick fan and wish him a fantastic season, but there is no way he is underrated.

I think personally he is the Best player in NKY and the region, and by being rated #4 for a player of his caliber that is underrated, there is no way that there are three better players than Penick in the 9th region & in NKY. Do you honestley believe there are three players better than him(2 Juniors) in the region, he could be the top D-I prospect in Ky. So IMO he is underrated! :thumb:

 

Who would you have for your top 5-10 in this catogory??

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.