Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

March 2011 Sports Gambling

Featured Replies

No just for the series. But you could do it that way as well if you wanted more action.

 

ATL and NYY just both won first game so off to a good start.

 

I see, looks like if I want to bet baseball I might need to get some dough online.

  • Replies 128
  • Views 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I see, looks like if I want to bet baseball I might need to get some dough online.

 

Yep... If you bet the series like that you would have won already but those lines I posted aren't for the individual games.

 

 

BS good start with Reds over. Votto gets you to 9.

Series...

 

Oakland

Philly

Fla

 

So do you kind of like Oakland tonight? I'm taking them tonight only I think.

So do you kind of like Oakland tonight? I'm taking them tonight only I think.

 

Not a big fan on them tonight only but Cahill is a stud. I like them in the series much more.

 

Cahilll was 11-3 with 2.18 ERA last year at home.

I read an interesting article about a "system" for betting baseball. Basically you bet only on underdogs that open up no worse than +150. 43% of underdogs usually win games over the course of a full season but there are two other factors in play. You never take the dog if their opponent is on a streak, win or lose of three or more and you never take them against a top 20 ranked pitcher by ERA. They say you should wait about three weeks before starting this but by narrowing the betting pool you can push that 43% to 47 or 48% winners. One guy who's done this since 2005 claims he's made over 70K doing this with a max bet of $50.

 

http://www.vegasinsider.com/mlb/story.cfm/story/571442/

Not a big fan on them tonight only but Cahill is a stud. I like them in the series much more.

 

Cahilll was 11-3 with 2.18 ERA last year at home.

 

I took them, but I can't win money on the game because I bet the dumb prop that there wouldn't be a score in the first inning. I need a lesson in discipline.

I read an interesting article about a "system" for betting baseball. Basically you bet only on underdogs that open up no worse than +150. 43% of underdogs usually win games over the course of a full season but there are two other factors in play. You never take the dog if their opponent is on a streak, win or lose of three or more and you never take them against a top 20 ranked pitcher by ERA. They say you should wait about three weeks before starting this but by narrowing the betting pool you can push that 43% to 47 or 48% winners. One guy who's done this since 2005 claims he's made over 70K doing this with a max bet of $50.

 

http://www.vegasinsider.com/mlb/story.cfm/story/571442/

 

My guess is that it won't be as good this year then now that the system is so public, but it does look very interesting. I usually take dogs or small favorites when I take baseball.

I like the Reds under 8.5 a little bit and I am taking the Marlins -155 straight up as well.

Had a big night in NBA last night. Won big on the Bucks, Hawks, and Blazers. Won small on the pistons and lost a medium sized bet on the kings. Might call it a week since Im up quite a bit but Ive said that plenty of times and it never works.

Series plays...

NY YANKEES -170

ATL BRAVES -160

STL CARDINALS -230

 

Series...

 

Oakland

Philly

Fla

 

Yanks = Cash

Cards = Loss ( that one hurt being -230)

Braves = Still alive

 

Oakland = Loss

Phily = Still alive

Fla = Still alive

Indians, Cards and A's are a potential stop the sweep candidate tomorrow against the White Sox...

CHW: Danks (0-0, 0.00 ERA) -140

CLE: Masterson (0-0, 0.00 ERA)

 

SD: Moseley (0-0, 0.00 ERA)

STL: Garcia (0-0, 0.00 ERA) -185

 

SEA: Fister (0-0, 0.00 ERA)

OAK: Gonzalez (0-0, 0.00 ERA) -180

I am on Oakland big time and probably on all 3 of those, stop the sweep has been pretty good over the season the last 2 years. No way the A's get swept by Seattle plus Gio Gonzalez is pretty darn good.

Pirates and Cubs total is 12.5... I assume the wind is blow out very much so.

Edited by HammerTime

The Rays were stop the sweep candidates as well. Amazing we had 4 on the first week.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.