Campbell County 46 Bishop Brossart 39

What a ball game. Great game by both teams. BB had a 5 point lead with a little over 2 minutes to go. BB didn't score another point. CC goes on a 12-0 run to win the game.

Thanks to the BB radio crew...great job guys.:thumb:

Sounds like the Camels dug deep when it counted and the Mustangs choked.

Congratulations to the Camels on a hard fought win. Brady Kennedy had a big game for the Camels. The Camels press, kept the Mustangs off balance most of the night. Camels struggled finding the cylinder most of the night, but pulled it together at the end. I would not say the Mustangs choked, they just didn't have enough left at the end to withstand the Camels constant pressure. Great job by both teams.

Congratulations to the Camels on a hard fought win. Brady Kennedy had a big game for the Camels. The Camels press, kept the Mustangs off balance most of the night. Camels struggled finding the cylinder most of the night, but pulled it together at the end. I would not say the Mustangs choked, they just didn't have enough left at the end to withstand the Camels constant pressure. Great job by both teams.

And Losey for Campbell also had a huge game. He made the three to tie the game up. He had several shots throughout the night just raddle in and out.

If Brossart was able to make 60% of their free throw attempts this one would have been in the books. Also, the press had a major affect on the outcome of the game. Once Campbell would setup that initial trap on the inbounds it was all over for Brossart. Too many times, Brossart would just turn into the pressure with the ball high above their head rather then trying to split it.

Congrats to the Brossart Mustangs on a nice season and good luck to the Camels the rest of the way.

Brossart was 5/12 from the line and 3/8 in the last quarter. I didn't think Losey played all that well. He was 3 of 11 from behind the arc, but the last one he hit was the dagger in the heart of the Mustangs. The press bothered the Mustangs all night long. The Camels showed that they are very athletic by the constant pressure not only on the press but defending the shot. Brossart was able to shut down McGovney, but had no answer for a great effort, especially in the 4th quarter, by Brady Kennedy. The Camels will battle hard against the Eagles on Friday and I expect both teams, from the hardest district in the region, to represent themselves very well next week at the field house!

Good luck to the Camels and Eagles in the 10th!

Mustangs do not score in the final 2:33 of the game, while Campbell County goes on a 12-0 run, largely due to having to foul in the final minute.

The Losey 3 was a killer, and then an intercepted pass and layup did us in.

Just when I was starting to entertain the thought that we were going to win the game it was gone.

Credit the Camels for finding a way to win - for the second time this year in similar siituations.

^ It's always tough to watch one get away that was in the bag or close to it. I'm old enough to have seen that happen many, many times to the teams I've followed. And I've seen the teams I've followed steal one at the end many, many times as well.

Defense was daunting for both teams. Brossart shooting 26% from the field, 42% from the line. While the Camels shoot 24% from the field and 68% from the line. Josh Graff with 12 rebounds for the Camels. The Camels controlled the boards, and made their free throws.

^ It's always tough to watch one get away that was in the bag or close to it. I'm old enough to have seen that happen many, many times to the teams I've followed. And I've seen the teams I've followed steal one at the end many, many times as well.

I don't believe a 5 point lead with 2 and 1/2 minutes left in the game, is that close to being, in the bag. Granted, Brossart is one of the tougher teams to score on late, but 2 and 1/2 minutes is a long time at the end.

BB: Fardo 0-2-0/0-6, TrNorton 3-0-2/4-8, Dierig 1-1-0/1-5, Schultz 1-0-0/2-4, Saunders 4-1-3/6-14,

Jennings 2-0-0/0-4

Totals: 11-4-5/12-39 15-11 5-1

CC: Graff 3-0-1/2-7, McGovney 1-0-4/4-6, Kennedy 5-0-6/9-16, Griffin 0-0-1/2-1, Losey 2-3-3/5-16

Totals: 11-15/22-46 18- 9

BB 13 11 4 11 39

CC 11 10 7 18 46