Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bishop Brossart 34 Scott 33

Featured Replies

Region is wide open. A very young Brossart team gets the job done and holds Tibbs to 8 points. Gotta love that defense

 

I don't think it's wide open. I think GRC is 10+ points better than anyone. But anything can happen. I have saw, St Pat, Bracken Co, Brossart, Campbell, Clark Co play this year and GRC is the favorite.

  • Replies 32
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Inexperience...she's a freshman...not sure what she was thinking, maybe didn't know the score. She was right next to the Scott Bench...somebody should have been yelling to her to hold the ball or even a time out could have been called. Still,it should have never come down to that shot."

Agree 100 percent, she is a freshman, and who knows what she was thinking. Lauren has done so much for the Scott Lady Eagles this year, had it not been for her for the most part, they would not have won some of the games that they did win.

 

Congratulations to Brossart. They did what it took to win this game. Unfortunately the Lady Eagles had every chance to win it, but could not get it done. Lauren Tibbs did not have a "Lauren Tibbs" night. Certainly not the way she wanted to go out, but she has had a fabulous career. She has done it the right way with class, hard work and a positive attitude through some very challenging seasons at Scott. All time leader in scoring, rebounding and blocked shots in Scott HS history. Led the state in field goal percentage and top five in the state in scoring for 2010-2011. Led N. KY. In scoring the last two years and leading again this year down the stretch. Good luck at Marquette. Hopefully there will be a Kentucky All Star spot in your future as well.

I don't think it's wide open. I think GRC is 10+ points better than anyone.

 

This. Though I'd like to see GRC play Campbell County.

Congratulations to Brossart. They did what it took to win this game. Unfortunately the Lady Eagles had every chance to win it, but could not get it done. Lauren Tibbs did not have a "Lauren Tibbs" night. Certainly not the way she wanted to go out, but she has had a fabulous career. She has done it the right way with class, hard work and a positive attitude through some very challenging seasons at Scott. All time leader in scoring, rebounding and blocked shots in Scott HS history. Led the state in field goal percentage and top five in the state in scoring for 2010-2011. Led N. KY. In scoring the last two years and leading again this year down the stretch. Good luck at Marquette. Hopefully there will be a Kentucky All Star spot in your future as well.

 

Tibbs is one of the best high school athletes I've ever seen, boys or girls and had a great career in basketball AND volleyball. I've seen her play tons of games/matches in both sports and she never had a bad night and always maintained a positive attitude.

Tibbs is a great kid. She will have success at the next level. She has a great work ethic and is a team player! No one cheered harder or supported her teammates better than Lauren after she fould out of the game.

Scott really let this one get away from them. Tibbs and Stinson, Scott's two best free throw shooters went 1 for 5 at the line down the stretch, Tibbs missed an easy put back then picked up her fifth foul on the rebound with about a minute and a half left, and even then still had a 1 pt lead with under 10 seconds left, when they inexplicably shot a 3 from near their bench with a time out left. Brossart did a nice job on Tibbs, holding her to a season low (I think) 8. They frustrated her, kept hands on her the whole game, and she had a couple of those fouls called on her when she pushed back.

 

I saw Brossart play recently and was suprised at how they had their hands all over their opponent every time they tried to bring the ball down the floor, and they weren't even whistled for it when most of the time they were slapping their opponents arms or pushing them in the back or sides. and yes, the opponent was whistled a couple of times for extending their arm to keep the stangs at bay. I hate to watch that type of play. I really isn't basketball to me. It used to be that hand checks/reach-ins were fouls. Not anymore. How sad for the game of basketball that it has become this way.

 

Good Luck to Tibbs in the future.

Edited by tip off time

I saw Brossart play recently and was suprised at how they had their hands all over their opponent every time they tried to bring the ball down the floor, and they weren't even whistled for it when most of the time they were slapping their opponents arms or pushing them in the back or sides. and yes, the opponent was whistled a couple of times for extending their arm to keep the stangs at bay. I hate to watch that type of play. I really isn't basketball to me. It used to be that hand checks/reach-ins were fouls. Not anymore. How sad for the game of basketball that it has become this way.

 

It's not just Brossert that plays this way. I see it all the time in the boys and girls game at all levels. It makes for very sloppy play, and is not pretty to watch. It certainly reduces the amount of skill needed to play the game on the defensive end.

It's not just Brossert that plays this way. I see it all the time in the boys and girls game at all levels. It makes for very sloppy play, and is not pretty to watch. It certainly reduces the amount of skill needed to play the game on the defensive end.

 

I would have to agree, it's not just Brossart. In all honesty, IMO, girls basketball is pretty sloppy in general. If the refs called every reach in or hand check, you'd be there all night!

I would have to agree, it's not just Brossart. In all honesty, IMO, girls basketball is pretty sloppy in general. If the refs called every reach in or hand check, you'd be there all night!

 

When they played NCC it reminded me of when my daughter started playing in First grade...kill the man with the ball. If the refs started calling maybe this style of play will stop or girls will be fouling out. Eventually it would stop.

When they played NCC it reminded me of when my daughter started playing in First grade...kill the man with the ball. If the refs started calling maybe this style of play will stop or girls will be fouling out. Eventually it would stop.

 

I agree, if the hand checks and reach-ins were called, girls would have to learn how to play a clean defense or be on the bench with five fouls. If the refs would call the fouls, it might nip it and then you wouldn't be there all night.

I agree, if the hand checks and reach-ins were called, girls would have to learn how to play a clean defense or be on the bench with five fouls. If the refs would call the fouls, it might nip it and then you wouldn't be there all night.

 

Hand checking was supposed to be a point of emphasis this year. I don't think the ref's got the memo. If they would call a game the way it should be called, the girls and coaches would adjust.

 

That's funny. If that's true, I didn't notice any improvement. Heck, if they would call half the fouls they should, then you are right, the coaches (and players) would have to adjust. It really needs to change. I have just about given up on the game myself. It's no fun to watch anymore. The team who can get away with the most wins and a coach who teaches their team to play a clean defense might as well stay home. Many times I have seen a kid trying to play the game right and when they get to the point that they are tired of being mugged, they push back, and go figure, they are always the one that gets called for the foul. If I wanted to see a contact sport, I would go to a football game. Last time I checked KHSAA did not classify basketball as a contact sport, but it sure seems it has become one. Maybe they will re-send that memo before next season starts, but I doubt it will change, anything. Maybe the refs can't read the memo cause their vision is poor, which would explain the bad officiating as well. lol Maybe the KHSAA should make a eye test part of the requirement to become a ref, just like a drivers license. Okay now I just scared myself with the thought that the refs are operating motor vehicles........with impaired vision.....time to quit thinking.

I've never been a fan of someone saying a team is getting away with doing something that is against the rules, than blaming it on the refs. There are 2-3 refs at every game, if they don't call a particular foul and it gives your team an advantage than teach your team to do what is needed to win. A great example is the physicality of what the 10 region refs allow versus the 9th region. Successful teams that play games in both regions need to adjust their games depending on where they play. That also goes for who is reffing the game. Certain refs call more palming, blocking, charges or hand checks than others, learn to adjust, not just complain.

I was at the same game and did not see any more hand checking or pushing from Brossart than I did from Scott. Both teams played a little sloppy. Scotts ball handling was not very good and they really struggled to get Lauren the ball in the post. She played a ton of high post in the first half and we were all scratching our heads in the stands. If you are fortunate enough to have a great 6' 4" player, put her on the low block and get her the ball. There was about a 10 minute stretch in the first half where lauren did not even touch the ball. I was surprised but relieved. Once she gets it near the basket she is almost unstoppable. I would have made sure she touched the ball on every trip. She has 6" on Ridder, why not throw from the wing a high lob?

I was at the same game and did not see any more hand checking or pushing from Brossart than I did from Scott. Both teams played a little sloppy. Scotts ball handling was not very good and they really struggled to get Lauren the ball in the post. She played a ton of high post in the first half and we were all scratching our heads in the stands. If you are fortunate enough to have a great 6' 4" player, put her on the low block and get her the ball. There was about a 10 minute stretch in the first half where lauren did not even touch the ball. I was surprised but relieved. Once she gets it near the basket she is almost unstoppable. I would have made sure she touched the ball on every trip. She has 6" on Ridder, why not throw from the wing a high lob?

 

Scott has struggled with ball handling all year. The problem is they have no real consistent perimeter threat. You can't force a ball into someone who is being double and triple teamed,no matter how tall she is. Tibbs plays a lot of high post to loosen things up in the middle and let Stinson get some easy cuts to the basket if the double/triple team follows her. If not, she knocks down the 15 footer. The other issue Scott has, is they give away too many possessions due to turnovers. With even average guards, the Eagles would have gotten another 15 shots or more a game, a lot of which would have come from Tibbs.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.