Pendleton County 49 Deming 37

The King twins Kyle and Luke will be in the 10th Region Hall of Fame in the near future.

It was a joy to watch them play over the years and they represented Deming and the 10th Region very well.

It was good to see two Pendleton County graduates honored tonight for their soon to be induction into the 10th Region Hall of Fame as well.

Kay Mudd and Keeton Belcher.:thumb:

I want to give credit to the King Twins from Deming. Those boys are incredible basketball players, but are also the epitome of a class act. For those of you who havent attended a Pendleton County game this year, after every game, Pendleton and the opposing team gather at center court for a prayer by either Alex Valentine or Asa Crozier. Tonight the King twins were the only two Deming players to join Pendleton County for prayer. I'm not by any means bashing the other players; I'm sure they were upset, and they may have even forgotten that Pendleton does this. But I thought this showed a lot of class from the King twins. As a Pendleton County fan, I'll be glad to see them graduate because of their basketball talent, but the 10th Region will also be losing two quality young men.

Ditto from this King twins fan. I've had the privilege of watching them play their five year careers at Deming and respect them for not leaving their home town for the bright lights of the big city where they would have been an asset to any program that they would have chosen to play for.

I too, would have liked to see them win an "A" and put their talents on display in Richmond, or cut down the nets as District Champs somewhere along the line.

We are proud that Kyle King became the program's all-time leading scorer on a basket scored in our facility.

This was a quality basketball team. The King twins were complimented by Calvin Schlach, Jonathan Caldwell, and Johnathan Pilosky, and many times this season it was the "other guys" on the team that picked up the slack when an opponent's defense limited the King twins' ability to put points on the board.

Congratulations to the Pendleton County Wildcats!!! They have been playing great basketball the second half of the season and I fully expect that they will take care of business in the district finals vs a good, young Harrison County five.

Congrats to PC for the win.

2/22/2011

Pendleton Co. 49 Deming 37
Deming 8 4 9 16 37
Pendleton Co. 4 12 13 20 49
38th District at Harrison Co.

Deming (20-10) -- K. King 15, C. Schalch 7, L. King 6, Caldwell 1, Pilosky 8.

Pendleton Co. (12-17) -- Walsh 5, Crozier 2, Woods 10, Monroe 11, Rering 10, Bonar 11.

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2010/11/23/1537435/latest-boys-basketball-results.html?appSession=276203265485374&RecordID=9806&PageID=3&PrevPageID=2&cpipage=1&CPIsortType=&CPIorderBy=#ixzz1Em4sd4b8

Edited by gold sunrise

Congrats to PC for the win.

2/22/2011

Pendleton Co. 49 Deming 37
Deming 8 4 9 16 37
Pendleton Co. 4 12 13 20 49
38th District at Harrison Co.

Deming (20-10) -- K. King 15, C. Schalch 7, L. King 6, Caldwell 1, Pilosky 8.

Pendleton Co. (12-17) -- Walsh 5, Crozier 2, Woods 10, Monroe 11, Rering 10, Bonar 11.

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2010/11/23/1537435/latest-boys-basketball-results.html?appSession=276203265485374&RecordID=9806&PageID=3&PrevPageID=2&cpipage=1&CPIsortType=&CPIorderBy=#ixzz1Em4sd4b8

I guess this changes my perspective of the Region coach of the year award............again maybe we should wait and vote post-district tournament.

Ditto from this King twins fan. I've had the privilege of watching them play their five year careers at Deming and respect them for not leaving their home town for the bright lights of the big city where they would have been an asset to any program that they would have chosen to play for.

I too, would have liked to see them win an "A" and put their talents on display in Richmond, or cut down the nets as District Champs somewhere along the line.We are proud that Kyle King became the program's all-time leading scorer on a basket scored in our facility.

This was a quality basketball team. The King twins were complimented by Calvin Schlach, Jonathan Caldwell, and Johnathan Pilosky, and many times this season it was the "other guys" on the team that picked up the slack when an opponent's defense limited the King twins' ability to put points on the board.

Congratulations to the Pendleton County Wildcats!!! They have been playing great basketball the second half of the season and I fully expect that they will take care of business in the district finals vs a good, young Harrison County five.

Could not agree more on everything you said,especially what I have put in bold print. These kids could have easily played for Mason County or Harrison County but they and their Dad choose not too, that in and of itself earns my total respect because not too many turn down the Royals Nation when it comes a calling, just wish the dozen or so kids from Bracken and Lewis County combined would have stayed at their respective schools:thumb:

I too, would have liked to see them win an "A" and put their talents on display in Richmond, or cut down the nets as District Champs somewhere along the line.

We are proud that Kyle King became the program's all-time leading scorer on a basket scored in our facility.

Well said Mustang!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Could not agree more on everything you said,especially what I have put in bold print. These kids could have easily played for Mason County or Harrison County but they and their Dad choose not too, that in and of itself earns my total respect because not too many turn down the Royals Nation when it comes a calling, just wish the dozen or so kids from Bracken and Lewis County combined would have stayed at their respective schools:thumb:

Sorry but this isn't correct information. I know for a FACT that they were told they would have to pay tuition at Mason Co, so the "Royal Nation" as you call it, didn't go calling. In a way, it is truly a shame because if you look at the way these 2 are built physically, they would have been excellent football players. But since Deming isn't a football school, they never had the opportunity to explore that area. Kyle and Luke are both great kids and I wish someone with an athletic scholarship would come calling.