Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 90 South Carolina 59

Featured Replies

I was surprised the announcers were so pessimistic about UK's chances of getting into a bye for the SEC Tournament. They're only 1 game out of second and have Vandy at home. The key will likely come down to the UT game at the end as well as Vandy's matchups against UT and Florida.

  • Author

Finally a complete basketball game by U.K.!! :ylsuper:

 

I was so glad to see D.Miller get off a good,complete game, I believe that he had 22 and was playing with confidence. Knight again looked excellent, Jones with another double double. All looked goo today.

U.K. needed this kind of a game, hopefully this will launch the Cats on a roll heading into these last 4 games and then to the SEC tourney!

Now hopefully the Cats can go into Arkansas on Wednesday and get a much needed road win.

 

GO BIG BLUE!!!

  • Author
I was surprised the announcers were so pessimistic about UK's chances of getting into a bye for the SEC Tournament. They're only 1 game out of second and have Vandy at home. The key will likely come down to the UT game at the end as well as Vandy's matchups against UT and Florida.

 

I was just so glad that J. Dykes wasn't calling it I didn't notice. :lol:

I looked up Miller's stats, he stays healthy next year he could end his career at UK with over 1000 points and just over 500 rebounds.

 

Obviously so many kids leave early now and don't stay the full 4, but still quite an accomplishment. I believe on Kentucky's site, it lists 57 players have scored 1,000 or more points in their careers. You consider that Darius is often unselfish to a fault, would be neat to have him end up on that list.

I looked up Miller's stats, he stays healthy next year he could end his career at UK with over 1000 points and just over 500 rebounds.

 

Obviously so many kids leave early now and don't stay the full 4, but still quite an accomplishment. I believe on Kentucky's site, it lists 57 players have scored 1,000 or more points in their careers. You consider that Darius is often unselfish to a fault, would be neat to have him end up on that list.

 

What are his stats now? Post them for us. How many would he have to average next year? He had a great game today, so glad to see him finally playing well. He had 22 today. His old record was last year with 20.

 

Personally I don't care who scores or what record they hold, just want the Cats to WIN!!!!

What are his stats now? Post them for us. How many would he have to average next year? He had a great game today, so glad to see him finally playing well. He had 22 today. His old record was last year with 20.

 

Personally I don't care who scores or what record they hold, just want the Cats to WIN!!!!

 

Miller has 705 points and 327 rebounds in 100 career games. Figuring UK gets at least 8 games left this year (4 regular season plus a mixed back of 4 postseason games), if he meets his season averages for those he will have 787 points and 365 rebounds. He probably only needs to average 9-10 points and 4 rebounds a game to meet 1,000 points and 500 rebounds.

 

Not to diminish it, but it has become somewhat expected that if you are a scorer at all and stay 4 years you're going to reach 1,000 points. You play 130-140 games, you only need to average around 8 points a game and you've got it.

Miller has 705 points and 327 rebounds in 100 career games. Figuring UK gets at least 8 games left this year (4 regular season plus a mixed back of 4 postseason games), if he meets his season averages for those he will have 787 points and 365 rebounds. He probably only needs to average 9-10 points and 4 rebounds a game to meet 1,000 points and 500 rebounds.

 

Not to diminish it, but it has become somewhat expected that if you are a scorer at all and stay 4 years you're going to reach 1,000 points. You play 130-140 games, you only need to average around 8 points a game and you've got it.

 

Thanks DF, great info.

Great day to be in Rupp. Cats played great as a unit. Jones becoming more and more unselfish will only help this team. Great to see Miller step it up and play like he is capable of and love my Lamb. Special guests today were Meeks, P Pat and Tim Masthay who was honored as the "Y". Go Big Blue!

  • Author
I looked up Miller's stats, he stays healthy next year he could end his career at UK with over 1000 points and just over 500 rebounds.

 

Obviously so many kids leave early now and don't stay the full 4, but still quite an accomplishment. I believe on Kentucky's site, it lists 57 players have scored 1,000 or more points in their careers. You consider that Darius is often unselfish to a fault, would be neat to have him end up on that list.

 

:thumb::thumb:

Darius Miller had a great game along with Lamb, Jones and Knight. One question i have to say though is why Calipari didn't play Poole and Hood that much yesterday? if there winning by 31 don't you think that they should have some minutes?

Darius Miller had a great game along with Lamb, Jones and Knight. One question i have to say though is why Calipari didn't play Poole and Hood that much yesterday? if there winning by 31 don't you think that they should have some minutes?

 

My guess would be that they didn't earn it in practice. But I thought about it myself, as to why.??

Miller also with 9 rebounds too. Good win for UK.

I lost track of time at work and when I remembered the game was on UK was up something like 45-19, and I could not have been happpier to watch a blowout. It's nice to see UK win by a big margin every once in a while. Miller played great, if only he could/would keep it up. So much talent, he's just had trouble putting it all together.

  • Author
I lost track of time at work and when I remembered the game was on UK was up something like 45-19, and I could not have been happpier to watch a blowout. It's nice to see UK win by a big margin every once in a while. Miller played great, if only he could/would keep it up. So much talent, he's just had trouble putting it all together.

 

I agree about Miller, hopefully this will get him going especially heading into March. I am always happy to watch a U.K. blowout. I wish every game was and do you mean to tell me that work is more important than U.K. Basketball?? Jeez....... :ohbrother:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.